Vintage gear postings

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A buddy just sent me this. He hasn’t played in a few years but dug out his gear for an old timers pond hockey game. 

In December of 1989, the Junior Team I was playing for played against a Touring Junior team from Czechoslovakia.  After the game, I traded my Hextall Vic stick with their goalie.  30 years later, I st

Better late than never.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Colander said:

Are you mostly at Weshills?  Has hockey been shutdown now on SVI?

Panorama, Archie Browning, Pearkes, and QCentre.  Haven't played Westhills since the summer.  All my sessions are still going at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Received a full gear bag from a buddy of mine who’s dad passed. His dad was a longtime goalie and gear head apparently given how meticulous his stuff is. I can’t sell it or give it away but can’t use most of it since his pops was 6’4” and a monster of a human.

will try to get some pics up soon at least as they’re pretty sweet retros.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Received a full gear bag from a buddy of mine who’s dad passed. His dad was a longtime goalie and gear head apparently given how meticulous his stuff is. I can’t sell it or give it away but can’t use most of it since his pops was 6’4” and a monster of a human.

will try to get some pics up soon at least as they’re pretty sweet retros.

Nice, sounds like some good stuff. And hope the family is doing okay all things considered.

I saw a younger dude walking into my kids rink this weekend carrying a huge Cooper bag of gear and a sweet orange and black Mark Laforest model Louisville stick. If it weren't for covid - I would have asked him all about it.

The Strangest One Of All: Absurd Goalie Monday: Mark LaForest

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 12:18 PM, MTH said:

I saw a younger dude walking into my kids rink this weekend carrying a huge Cooper bag of gear and a sweet orange and black Mark Laforest model Louisville stick. If it weren't for covid - I would have asked him all about it.

The Strangest One Of All: Absurd Goalie Monday: Mark LaForest

Don't be a sheep.  You can still talk to people.  

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some used TPS ICECAP Pads. Just getting back into a little beer league/Pick up goalie and my old Icecaps were the most comfortable pads I had ever used. Crossing my fingers to find something between 34" - 36". Sorry if this is not the proper spot to post this

56 minutes ago, Goal44 said:

Looking for some used TPS ICECAP Pads. Just getting back into a little beer league/Pick up goalie and my old Icecaps were the most comfortable pads I had ever used. Crossing my fingers to find something between 34" - 36". Sorry if this is not the proper spot to post this

Welcome! These are on Sideline: https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/goalie/goalie-leg-pads/1109094-tps-icecap-goalie-leg-pads-senior-pro-stock

Also if you haven't already, check out the Vintage Goalie Gear group on Facebook. It's a goldmine for older stuff.

2 hours ago, Goal44 said:

Thanks for the suggestions!! I was hoping to go a little bigger than the 34” but if I’m hitting a wall I think they will be my fall back! Thank you! 

I'll pick you up in my Delorean. Let's go gear shopping!

• Haha 1