Vintage gear postings

bunnyman666

21 hours ago, kakarnak@hotmail.com said:

I saw you guys were talking about throat protection. I came upon pictures of Ken Lockett of the Canucks while researching for the New team old gear thread. It's the first time I see a dangler used with a fiberglass mask.

abc4526d92d94c921361f19d4fd13c5a.jpg

Bruce Affleck behind him. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, MTH said:

This set is very nice. The T2070 is a small glove, right? Small for those days - likely NHL spec now.

Thanks I bought this set from my buddy who promised it to me if I could find kinda matching pads. My hands are small and I can get my hand and a golf glove in that glove. Its actually kinda bigger than my modern spec glove. Aint tried it out on ice yet but I sprayed the hell outta the cordura so it might not stick to the ice. That was my first plunge into gear modding my buddy was very helpful. He had some calf wedges and maltese knee flaps gave me sailthread and a curved needle.

On 8/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, MTH said:

Your mind would be blown if you got your hands on a T2000 glove.

I've used cordrua on the ice. The snow will build up on it. Spraying will help but the texture alone grabs the snow. It's not terrible as it will play consistent.

I play a V-Lite Pro that’s a bit bigger than this glove. I did try a T1000 clone and its massive.

On 8/11/2020 at 12:15 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Is it this one?

Just guessing since I don't think there's too many guys with T 2070's anymore

Eh, Bunny? :P

I ain’t Bunny but these are one and the same. Aint gone outta my way to hide where my stuff comes from.

2 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

I've had this set since new, mid to late 90's.  They are destined for my grandson who is way too smart to be a goalie, MVP Centreman.

D1AB9F60-7E1B-4464-8AD8-60C0FC7C0AD3.jpeg

55A8CEC5-594E-4449-A226-72A326F72F72.jpeg

Man I know where another gumby blocker like that is and yes @bunnyman666 posted in in this thread. its cool as hell you saved this for your grandson even if he never uses it. My grandad was never supportive and wanted me to play a sport I didn’t like and am way to short for. Loved that man anyway and we got it together before he passed. Cool stuff @Wonder35

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wonder35 said:

He will use it for some wicked ball hockey games with his sister, Dad and hockey buddies, but at age nearly nine is still a tad small for my giant 31's.😉

I only laugh because my half-sister has a twelve year old who would get into 31’s I could even wear 31s now. His baby daddy is 6’6” but thats his only positive as he not a good man but my nephew is a good kid. Thats awesome you got youngins @Wonder35

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed while looking at old photos that I had Vaughn somewhere often during my beginnings. Funny because now I don't have anything made by Vaughn. The younger me I have no idea what year but I'd say around 95 maybe. The all black Lefebvre/Vaughn was from the mid 90s to 99. The mismatched Vaughn Legacy/V-Lite set was from 99.

Goalie_99-00.jpg

Goalie_98-99.jpg

goalie_1.jpg

Found these old pictures recently. Gear was from the mid-90’s. I used it up until shortly after these pictures were taken in ‘01 or ‘02.
FAF562BE-977A-4F2F-8227-C289ACB14533.thumb.jpeg.919c121295068a39fd53d91bf7a08d8b.jpeg

C032E45B-E1EB-430D-8481-F5503796BECF.thumb.jpeg.f14eec5e3d44329c15c8f91a71d10744.jpegI still have the jersey. Everything else is gone, sold on eBay over time. C/A is Boddam, Crouch collar, Heaton pants (the ones with the integrated kneepads), Van Velden mask, Boddam Blaze pads, Brian’s Heritage series Air Hook and matching blocker, Graf Goaler Pro skates. I don’t remember much about the Brian’s stick. Only one I had. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 11:52 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

I don’t remember much about the Brian’s stick. Only one I had. 

The Brian's sticks were just foam core sticks. Ones I used were stiff. Close to a 9950. I have a few in my old stick collection in my basement.

What? You don't have a collection of your old sticks in your basement? 

• 1 month later...