Bauer 3D Skate Lab

12 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Yes it does.   The Vapor and Supreme lines are reversed in goalie skates, with the Vapor being the higher volume skate and the Supreme being the tighter fit.

So when you use the machine if it fits you for supreme is it really a vapor for goalies, or is there a separate setting for goalies.

There is a separate setting for goalies.  I start with a Brannock and scan every customer at least twice to make sure we're getting the right size.  I do this because the machine is only as good as the data that is put into it. and I've seen a surprising number of variances with some customers (sometimes as much as a full size).  If I do get 2 different results I'll do a third scan and go with the recommendation that came up twice.   Usually an "off" result is a product of someone shifting just a tiny bit while it's measuring or not bending their knees for the measurement and is easily corrected. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 4:27 PM, thebigm said:

Skate lab does have goalie.  I don't find it accurate for my feet personally it works for my co workers but my feet are so bad i break it lol.

Man when i get on the scanner I scan 1 point under my mesurement with a brannock device

• 3 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, Puckstopper said:

Yes it does.   The Vapor and Supreme lines are reversed in goalie skates, with the Vapor being the higher volume skate and the Supreme being the tighter fit.

That is odd. I own the X700 and I tried on some S27s in the shop yesterday and I felt that the Supremes were way more roomier in the toe box compared to my Vapors. More wiggle room, and they weren't even baked. The foot bed was more comfortable as well. I removed the insoles in my Vapors to put in the Speed insoles for more support.

1 minute ago, RichMan said:

That is odd. I own the X700 and I tried on some S27s in the shop yesterday and I felt that the Supremes were way more roomier in the toe box compared to my Vapors. More wiggle room, and they weren't even baked. The foot bed was more comfortable as well. I removed the insoles in my Vapors to put in the Speed insoles for more support.

One way or the other  buy whichever is more comfortable.  In the end fit is such a personal thing and you should buy whatever makes your feet happy!

10 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

One way or the other  buy whichever is more comfortable.  In the end fit is such a personal thing and you should buy whatever makes your feet happy!

I own both. There is a difference, I tried to explain it in this video. It’s not a massive difference. Generally speaking, I would suggest trying them both on if you have the opportunity. 

On 10/14/2019 at 9:20 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I own both. There is a difference, I tried to explain it in this video. It’s not a massive difference. Generally speaking, I would suggest trying them both on if you have the opportunity. 

i did watch your video. I'm searching for a used pair of S27s now to test drive.

Archived