The Factory Mad Glove and Blocker

So, Dennis is located about 45 min north of me. I went tonight to drop off a pair of Bauer pants he's shortening for me. Wow, what an experience! I got to see his workshop, and he told me tons of stories about his time in the industry. Working with Pete Smith at Vaughn, getting pads sent next day from Tim Thomas in Boston and working on them through the night,  building the Velocity line, etc.

He wanted to have a few beers and keep telling me war stories (as he calls them), but I had to get home unfortunately :( 

It looks like I'll be demoing some of his gear, and I'm really looking forward to that. He'll have a set of Protos in my size soon, so that should be really interesting to try out.

Anyways, just wanted to post this. What a great guy!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

So, Dennis is located about 45 min north of me. I went tonight to drop off a pair of Bauer pants he's shortening for me. Wow, what an experience! I got to see his workshop, and he told me tons of stories about his time in the industry. Working with Pete Smith at Vaughn, getting pads sent next day from Tim Thomas in Boston and working on them through the night,  building the Velocity line, etc.

He wanted to have a few beers and keep telling me war stories (as he calls them), but I had to get home unfortunately :( 

It looks like I'll be demoing some of his gear, and I'm really looking forward to that. He'll have a set of Protos in my size soon, so that should be really interesting to try out.

Anyways, just wanted to post this. What a great guy!

He moved recently, haven’t seen his new shop 

• 1 month later...

Archived