Jump to content
Steph Lawa

2019-2020 NHL Gear Sitings

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

A nylon strap! WHOOOOAAAAAA

Yep. You’ve probably gotten some comments about him wearing nylon straps for most of his career so I’ll just leave it 😂

for me, I wouldn’t want mine to be so snug like having nylon straps so it has no room to extend like the elastic when I take a full on shot to the head, but whatever works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Panger is up there with Weekes as far as style goes. Not quite to Weekes’ standard, but close.

Hank is pretty incredible too. I don't get it. Off the ice he's one of the best dressed athletes in all of sports. On ice? Kinda meh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Hank is pretty incredible too. I don't get it. Off the ice he's one of the best dressed athletes in all of sports. On ice? Kinda meh. 

I find him incredibly awkward to watch and I can't say I've ever enjoyed his style,  neither gear nor as a goalie.  

I fully concur on Meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

Hank is pretty incredible too. I don't get it. Off the ice he's one of the best dressed athletes in all of sports. On ice? Kinda meh. 

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

I find him incredibly awkward to watch and I can't say I've ever enjoyed his style,  neither gear nor as a goalie.  

I fully concur on Meh.

Tough to find an on ice persona as stylish as Grant Fuhr. Lundy is the anti-Fuhr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seagoal said:

I find him incredibly awkward to watch and I can't say I've ever enjoyed his style,  neither gear nor as a goalie.  

I fully concur on Meh.

He had some sick TPS sets. I’m guessing he’s just very open to whatever Dave Art and/or Bauer suggest. As long as it all matches, he probably doesn’t get too bogged down with it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throwback Gear Siting. McLean looking great as always.

He actually borrowed a local tribute set for the ceremony. Local guy must be stoked to have had his idol wearing his set.

e4ry22gobsr31.thumb.jpg.01e08955c5ce8930ed8cecfbfadea7f5.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I wonder if that was the set Glenn Green had made and has since been sold I think.

Don't think so. The guy who owns that set has had it for 7 years or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

Hank is pretty incredible too. I don't get it. Off the ice he's one of the best dressed athletes in all of sports. On ice? Kinda meh. 

Not going to argue that Hank isn't a well-dressed man (he is), but I'm always puzzled at the amount of credit that he—and other wealthy celebrities who live in major cities—gets for his 'style'. These people don't often just walk into Saks 5th Avenue or Bergdorf Goodman and simply browse racks, look for things in their size, pick out a few items, and then style themselves. Many of them employ stylists who shop for them (if only for a particular big event), or they go to a store and the merchants see to their every need and bring out items that are considered to be the newest/best (or seem to be a good choice for that customer) while the customer sits on a velvet couch and is brought coffee.

My point is that if you have tons of expendable cash and access to top-tier clothing, you don't need to be exceptionally tasteful or stylish to end up with a perfect-fitting, great-looking wardrobe. Hank landed in one of the world's foremost fashion/culture centers as a popular celebrity athlete with a lot of money and the desire to look good on the public stage. Virtually anyone in that position is going to end up dressed immaculately (especially if suit designers and fashion houses seek you out to have you wear their newest, nicest threads, as is the case with Hank these days).

And of course, Hank's dashing smile and all-around good looks add a lot to the "wow, he's SO stylish" notion. I mean, Phil Kessel could dress identically to Hank down to his shoelaces, and it's likely that nobody would say anything about how stylish or well-dressed he was...

Hank's style in gear (which I think is pretty bad) is another matter entirely. But in his defense, he's very established with Bauer and DaveArt, and it's essentially his duty to wear whatever they want to show off... and IMO, those two brands put out some of the ugliest gear and paint-jobs in the league. I don't think his on-ice style shortcomings are "his fault" by any means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Not going to argue that Hank isn't a well-dressed man (he is), but I'm always puzzled at the amount of credit that he—and other wealthy celebrities who live in major cities—gets for his 'style'. These people don't often just walk into Saks 5th Avenue or Bergdorf Goodman and simply browse racks, look for things in their size, pick out a few items, and then style themselves. Many of them employ stylists who shop for them (if only for a particular big event), or they go to a store and the merchants see to their every need and bring out items that are considered to be the newest/best (or seem to be a good choice for that customer) while the customer sits on a velvet couch and is brought coffee.

My point is that if you have tons of expendable cash and access to top-tier clothing, you don't need to be exceptionally tasteful or stylish to end up with a perfect-fitting, great-looking wardrobe. Hank landed in one of the world's foremost fashion/culture centers as a popular celebrity athlete with a lot of money and the desire to look good on the public stage. Virtually anyone in that position is going to end up dressed immaculately (especially if suit designers and fashion houses seek you out to have you wear their newest, nicest threads, as is the case with Hank these days).

And of course, Hank's dashing smile and all-around good looks add a lot to the "wow, he's SO stylish" notion. I mean, Phil Kessel could dress identically to Hank down to his shoelaces, and it's likely that nobody would say anything about how stylish or well-dressed he was...

Hank's style in gear (which I think is pretty bad) is another matter entirely. But in his defense, he's very established with Bauer and DaveArt, and it's essentially his duty to wear whatever they want to show off... and IMO, those two brands put out some of the ugliest gear and paint-jobs in the league. I don't think his on-ice style shortcomings are "his fault" by any means.

I was doing Patrik Berglund’s (amongst others) clothing stylist’s hair for a short while and she told me some stories about how tight the Swedes like to wear their suits and jeans (almost like leggings). She had to steer him and others away from the looks they preferred. She made a fair bit of coin BOTH from the player and the stores she shopped. 

Why I like Phil Kessel is that he looks like a total schlub but is an awesome player!

Edited by bunnyman666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Why I like Phil Kessel is that he looks like a total schlub but is an awesome player!

Buddy looks like everyone drunk uncle at the family BBQ.

It's surreal he's a top tier athlete.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is Greiss doing?  Last gen SLRs, v7 blocker and PVE gen 1 trapper?   You’re in the NHL dude, get it together

4D6B0A79-C255-4348-974C-E2C8B7571106.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Buddy looks like everyone drunk uncle at the family BBQ.

It's surreal he's a top tier athlete.

I knew a guy just like that. Looked like the only thing he lifted was the beer bottle. He was never fat, but looked like the only cardio he got was when he watched porn! He was a career minor leaguer and played pro hockey in Europe until he was 45! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Goalline said:

What is Greiss doing?  Last gen SLRs, v7 blocker and PVE gen 1 trapper?   You’re in the NHL dude, get it together

4D6B0A79-C255-4348-974C-E2C8B7571106.jpeg

I don’t think it’s Greiss’s choice. Seems to be a common theme with Vaughn. Rask among others are also doing this. As someone who wears Vaughn, this makes me lose sleep at night! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Matt35 said:

I don’t think it’s Greiss’s choice. Seems to be a common theme with Vaughn. Rask among others are also doing this. As someone who wears Vaughn, this makes me lose sleep at night! Lol

Yeah, I noticed spencer knight also in new SLR 1s at BC.  Murray got the 2s so fast tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1171215011.jpg.0.jpg

Kinkaid too 😱

12 hours ago, Matt35 said:

I don’t think it’s Greiss’s choice. Seems to be a common theme with Vaughn. Rask among others are also doing this. As someone who wears Vaughn, this makes me lose sleep at night! Lol

😠

Edited by Xdave90x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt35 said:

Make it stop!

1E5F90B7-C794-4B83-A846-88E2630AB6C6.jpeg

B125E41F-FD9E-4711-9297-769D7B41800E.jpeg

7232E0F1-4E16-4185-A7D0-D69D19A0D1AF.jpeg

Korpisalo's set up actually matches pretty well, Vaughn just doesn't skin new models, only the older gens, he just prefers the slr2 glove. The other two though..... no excuses there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Good look at the mystery EF4s used by Bernier this year.

913559010_Screenshot_20191012-1600592.thumb.png.ecfc17ee4bf979b6ecc0ff925e2bc8de.png

Screenshot_20191012-160107.thumb.png.d048eb26889f257b8fd15bafe5d47caa.png

Once Axis is public, I’ll show the differences between these 2 pads 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...