Steph Lawa

2019-2020 NHL Gear Sitings

On 10/11/2019 at 1:58 PM, stackem30 said:

My point is that if you have tons of expendable cash and access to top-tier clothing, you don't need to be exceptionally tasteful or stylish to end up with a perfect-fitting, great-looking wardrobe. 

There was a dude in the NFL who was anything but this. He was in the league for a while, but he was very stingy/smart with his money. While he wasn't paid as well as Lundquist; his frugalness was actually nice to see as "their" money actually comes from all of us in some manner.

Koy played 14 years in the NFL. Here's a sample of how he lived while a pro QB:

Sometime in the next day or so, Koy Detmer will stroll into a local Target and continue a 10-year tradition of, well, eccentricity. The Vikings' newly signed quarterback will pick out a pair of slacks, a collared shirt and a package of underwear and consider himself packed for this weekend's road trip to Green Bay.

Yes, Detmer travels lightly. Since 1998, his first season on the Philadelphia Eagles' active roster, Detmer has purchased one outfit at Target -- "sometimes Wal-Mart if I can't find the Target," he said -- and worn it for every road game of the season. It is the extent of his wardrobe for the trip in, the trip out and everything in between.

He even drove a very un-fancy car. Something that got from A to B.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, Goalline said:

What is Greiss doing?  Last gen SLRs, v7 blocker and PVE gen 1 trapper?   You’re in the NHL dude, get it together

4D6B0A79-C255-4348-974C-E2C8B7571106.jpeg

During his last 50GP he leads the lead in 5v5 save% and has second active highest save% in the nhl since January 2018, so its working:idk: #Elite

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Max27 said:

During his last 50GP he leads the lead in 5v5 save% and has second active highest save% in the nhl since January 2018, so its working:idk: #Elite

Gabe Kapler approves the use of these metrics.

Image result for gabe kapler

• Like 2

Binnington's mask for the blue, red, and gold uniform games this season

image.png.f3e91909f91382f2777522b6b7e7af32.png

image.thumb.png.3cc1cc8198b99def2f1cd88fee2b7eed.png

Edited by seagoal

11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Binnington's mask for the blue, red, and gold uniform games this season

image.png.f3e91909f91382f2777522b6b7e7af32.png

I think the portrait should have gone on the backplate... The iconic Cujo logo needs to be more prominent on the sides

• Like 1

It looks a little too soft in my opinion, I think the dimensional shading is causing that. The original seemed more menacing, and the fur was a bit more rough. The teeth and eyes for sure are better on the original.

Should have had the cage around the window painted, that was part of how good Cujo's was.

• Like 1

Or... get your own identity. CuJo was Joseph's nickname. What's Bennington's? Really - get your own personality and swagger. Don't just be another guy with a tribute mask/gear/ etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Did you just shit post your own post?

I caught myself gazing at Kapler's arm for way too long... ha ha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Naz said:

Should have had the cage around the window painted, that was part of how good Cujo's was.

Somehow I'd never caught that.  That's great work by the artist!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MTH said:

Or... get your own identity. CuJo was Joseph's nickname. What's Bennington's? Really - get your own personality and swagger. Don't just be another guy with a tribute mask/gear/ etc.

No kidding. Binnington should be like a badger or a bat. Copping Cujo’s mask is lame. 

• Like 1

It's a mask only used when they're going to be using their retro jerseys. He's also busting out a set of dark blue EFlexs' as well.

It's not like he's adopting this full time. 

16 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's a mask only used when they're going to be using their retro jerseys. He's also busting out a set of dark blue EFlexs' as well.

It's not like he's adopting this full time. 

It's beat to death.

Hey we're wearing old jerseys. Let's do a mask with a goalie from the past on it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bennington is in the NHL. It's his time. He won a cup. No other Blues goalie did that. Own it. 

If I were him - I'd paint my mask like the stanley cup. Chrome as hell. I'd wear it every game. Old or new jerseys.

He's the champ. Wear your belt bro.

Edited by MTH
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, MTH said:

It's beat to death.

Hey we're wearing old jerseys. Let's do a mask with a goalie from the past on it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bennington is in the NHL. It's his time. He won a cup. No other Blues goalie did that. Own it. 

If I were him - I'd paint my mask like the stanley cup. Chrome as hell. I'd wear it every game. Old or new jerseys.

I think the only tribute mask I've given a shit about since T-Bo's Plante reimagining [which I liked a lot more in the 90s than now], is Smith's Vernon bucket. I thought that was so imaginative and so well executed. Smith is likely the gear style GOAT, but that's beside the point. Binnington's lid is poo.

Edited by HP29
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MTH said:

It's beat to death.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

012D16C2-D672-4B2F-B195-ECD408E7CFC9.jpeg

17 hours ago, HP29 said:

I think the only tribute mask I've given a shit about since T-Bo's Plante reimagining [which I liked a lot more in the 90s than now], is Smith's Vernon bucket. I thought that was so imaginative and so well executed. Smith is likely the gear style GOAT, but that's beside the point. Binnington's lid is poo.

The worst part is that this is not the first Cujo lid copped by a modern Blues goalie, but the SECOND Cujo lid copped by a Blues goalie.

Fuhr had equally iconic lids with the Blues. If the rules were that you HAD to cop a 90’s Blues goalie, I’d put a spin on it. 

The problem is that the composition of the modern paint job is utter crap. Technically, helmet paint jobs are executed better than ever before. Now there are WAY too many hidden details, trying to tell a life’s story on a curved piece of composite. 

The goalie mask paint schemes were really neat in the era when such designs like Hayward’s Shark painted by @Don Straus  were the order of the day, then things got crazier, then frankly weird in the last few years. The worst part is that nothing is original or new under the sun. It’s just like modern symphonic music is very difficult to listen to, and most modern fine art is optically difficult. Now it is either you have to be WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY out there, or redo the classics; there is NOTHING in between. It also seems that every new movie is a reboot with new, politically correct details added to make certain that it corrects the sins of the past incarnation. Yuck. To me, it’s all lazy and uninspired. 

Binner could have a garbage bin as the design of his mask; it would be MUCH better than the rewarmed classic Cujo mask that comes across as lazy and uninspired. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You what would iconic and really, really easy?

Plain white mask in the NHL.... that's it. 

We'd all know who it was instantly. Start a trend. Stand alone. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Did you just shit post your own post?

So meta