Steph Lawa

2019-2020 NHL Gear Sitings

Not a siting per say cause idk if anyone knows this already but Markstrom has the old suregrip top layer on his knee stacks as oppose to the new 3D Grip. 

EF9CD0BD-8D05-41D7-80C8-02565EA3748E.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Vasy’s setup for the black jerseys

7B7165CA-33AC-415E-A66A-6C00BE14685B.png

Missed opportunity—Bauer could have absolutely stolen the show with those pitiful jerseys. The first thought that came to my mind was some sort of play off of their old third jerseys, like maybe the diagonal grey raindrops, or the sea waves—I bet fans would have been tickled by a fun reference to a reviled, kitschy design. And with such plain boring jerseys, Bauer had a great canvas to show off some cool printed designs. Instead, Zzzz.

Lightning-Third-Jersey.jpg.cc935ac01fcc266ec70ce96eef57dc6d.jpg

Edited by stackem30

On 10/18/2019 at 12:45 PM, MTH said:

It's beat to death.

Hey we're wearing old jerseys. Let's do a mask with a goalie from the past on it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bennington is in the NHL. It's his time. He won a cup. No other Blues goalie did that. Own it. 

If I were him - I'd paint my mask like the stanley cup. Chrome as hell. I'd wear it every game. Old or new jerseys.

He's the champ. Wear your belt bro.

I'm happy you said that.

Often times I find that present goalies in the pros or not put too much emphasis on paying tributes to their heroes to the point of replicating how their exact gear used to look. I was guilty of this at one time, too. But I'm not them. The best goalie I can be is my own. It's coming across as me hating but I dunno what guys get out of trying to replicate every piece of Grant Fuhr's set up or those endlessly boring snoozefest Felix Potvin paint jobs. Surely not everything has been done, guys should be more personal and stop trying to look like someone else, I say.

12 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I'm happy you said that.

Often times I find that present goalies in the pros or not put too much emphasis on paying tributes to their heroes to the point of replicating how their exact gear used to look. I was guilty of this at one time, too. But I'm not them. The best goalie I can be is my own. It's coming across as me hating but I dunno what guys get out of trying to replicate every piece of Grant Fuhr's set up or those endlessly boring snoozefest Felix Potvin paint jobs. Surely not everything has been done, guys should be more personal and stop trying to look like someone else, I say.

I feel like everybody gets one.  If you've got that itch, scratch it, then move on.  That's maybe because I have my custom vinyl wrap with the Potvin eyes and teeth on it.  I love it, I don't regret it.  But at the same time, I wouldn't ever do it again for all the reasons mentioned above. 

Now if you're only ever going to get one custom set of gear in your life, I'd say lean towards your own thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

I feel like everybody gets one.  If you've got that itch, scratch it, then move on.  That's maybe because I have my custom vinyl wrap with the Potvin eyes and teeth on it.  I love it, I don't regret it.  But at the same time, I wouldn't ever do it again for all the reasons mentioned above. 

Now if you're only ever going to get one custom set of gear in your life, I'd say lean towards your own thing.

What I am going for is a little bit of this, a little bit of that with some inspirations from all of my goalie heroes rolled into an eclectic style. I could call my pad and glove collection Garanimals Goalie. But you can NEVER say I copy any one singular goalie, and NO goalie would EVER want to emulate me!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

How does that exact scenario keep repeating itself on me?!? 

You’re not alone, I’ve had 2 bounce off my back and fall into the net this season already. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doc1200 said:

You’re not alone, I’ve had 2 bounce off my back and fall into the net this season already. 

Good to know I am not one of two!

16 minutes ago, Doc1200 said:

5 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Good to know I am not one of two!

Here's what you guys should do then.  Respect to your (NHL) elders :)

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

Here's what you guys should do then.  Respect to your (NHL) elders :)

I am old enough to be the father of some of these guys!

Rinne’s save was an amazing example of improvisation. Murray made his own problem. Anyone else notice the Penguins haven’t had playoff success since Fleury left?

14 minutes ago, roundsy said:

CCM Axis has arrived

B39A593E-C0EF-4F3C-BADE-B0BA7E2B6ABC.jpeg

Now the question is where are the Lefevre patches... from what I’ve heard from reliable sources this past summer is that the relationship between the two was to end in December of this year. 

2 minutes ago, RedX said:

Now the question is where are the Lefevre patches... from what I’ve heard from reliable sources this past summer is that the relationship between the two was to end in December of this year. 

This is supposed to be the first non Lefevre pads from CCM in years

4 hours ago, roundsy said:

CCM Axis has arrived

I actually really like the graphic. I seem to be the only one. 

Pants are boring but the thigh flaps on those pants look really interesting. Segmented for more tapered protection.

On 10/23/2019 at 5:19 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

Rinne’s save was an amazing example of improvisation. Murray made his own problem. Anyone else notice the Penguins haven’t had playoff success since Fleury left?

Oh I dunno—I think Fleury needed a fresh start, and going to Vegas was an absolute shot in the arm for his career. I don't think his ability was in question, but things had officially gotten rocky in Pittsburgh, and it was affecting his mentality and his game. I don't think the Penguins playoff struggles were all on him, but there were a few postseasons were he was a genuine hazard. I don't think the whole "Fleury is done in Pittsburgh, it looks like Murray is the future here" thing necessarily equivocates to "Murray is better than Fleury".

I think the only way Fleury might have worked out in Pittsburgh would be if they'd packaged Murray to send Fleury a "Don't worry buddy, it's your net, your team!" confidence message or something. And frankly, at Fleury's age and given his recent play at that time, that would have been a very risky decision. I think playing in a weird, no-expectations, fun-loving market gave Fleury's game a spark that he wouldn't have rediscovered in Pittsburgh.

• Like 5

My point was in the cup winning years with both Fleury and Murray, they needed BOTH of them to get through the playoffs. Fleury did a lot of the heavy lifting in the early rounds. Then he’d have one bad game and they’d put Murray in. The team would inexplicably play better and Murray would carry them the rest of the way. 
Now they only have Murray as a starter quality goalie and in the intervening years, Murray has not been able to get them out of the first round. I’m sure there are other factors why Pittsburgh has faltered. I just think it’s funny that people thought Fleury was holding Pittsburgh back. I agree going to a new team helped give him a fresh start. 

1 hour ago, WillyGrips13 said:

My point was in the cup winning years with both Fleury and Murray, they needed BOTH of them to get through the playoffs. Fleury did a lot of the heavy lifting in the early rounds. Then he’d have one bad game and they’d put Murray in. The team would inexplicably play better and Murray would carry them the rest of the way. 
Now they only have Murray as a starter quality goalie and in the intervening years, Murray has not been able to get them out of the first round. I’m sure there are other factors why Pittsburgh has faltered. I just think it’s funny that people thought Fleury was holding Pittsburgh back. I agree going to a new team helped give him a fresh start. 

Except aside from the first two games of the 2016 playoffs where Jeff Zatkoff played (and won only once), Murray played the rest of the games to a cup.

Murray has been fine and any rhetoric that claims that Murray is in any way holding back the Penguins from reaching the second round is just silly.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Except aside from the first two games of the 2016 playoffs where Jeff Zatkoff played (and won only once), Murray played the rest of the games to a cup.

Murray has been fine and any rhetoric that claims that Murray is in any way holding back the Penguins from reaching the second round is just silly.

I was mistaken about 2016 playoffs. I think Murray is an excellent goalie and not holding the Penguins back. However, I am a believer in a team needing two better than average goalies to get through both the season and the playoffs. The 2016 playoffs you brought up Fleury played most of the regular season (58 games) and Murray played most of the playoffs. Leaving one goalie to play a ton of games in the regular season and all or most if the playoffs is a mistake in my opinion. I think the modern game will wear down even the most athletic and durable goalies if they are given too much of the workload. 

On 10/23/2019 at 7:28 PM, roundsy said:

CCM Axis has arrived

The CCM Supremes look nice.

• Haha 2

On 10/23/2019 at 7:45 PM, cwarnar said:

This is supposed to be the first non Lefevre pads from CCM in years

Return of the legends? Lefevre pads without CCM/Reebok?

images.jpg.5394cd23e80de1d0106cfef58f849

One can wish...

• Like 3

I have never been a fan of the sublimated pads that have become such a fad of late but, I must say that Linus Ullmark's full setup is gnarly!!!!

BB191017BB022-1-e1572147539937 - Copy.jpg

linus-ullmark.jpg

linus-ullmark2.jpg

• Like 1