Jump to content
Steph Lawa

2019-2020 NHL Gear Sitings

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, raucebyalien said:

Domingue in his Jersey 'christmas' retro set up:

gettyimages-1191079658-2048x2048.jpg

That is a cracking set up!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if thats just some padskins thrown over or did he get new set just for those small green and white accents.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henkkath said:

Wonder if thats just some padskins thrown over or did he get new set just for those small green and white accents.. 

Must be padskinz. No CCM graphic on the V roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 12:09 AM, Aquilzz said:

Must be padskinz. No CCM graphic on the V roll.

Plus it has that super flat colour look to it.

Most jenpro has a bit of a shine to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 2:09 AM, Aquilzz said:

Must be padskinz. No CCM graphic on the V roll.

Weirdly enough, emerald padskinz and padwrap are not available at the moment; only weave is available...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Weirdly enough, emerald padskinz and padwrap are not available at the moment; only weave is available...

Yeah, but I bet each team keeps all of their colors stocked for stuff like this.

That looks like Padskinz, for sure. It actually looks raised to me in some places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, but I bet each team keeps all of their colors stocked for stuff like this.

That looks like Padskinz, for sure. It actually looks raised to me in some places.

I know. It’s just funny that we pee-ons can’t get any LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Plus it has that super flat colour look to it.

Most jenpro has a bit of a shine to it.

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, but I bet each team keeps all of their colors stocked for stuff like this.

That looks like Padskinz, for sure. It actually looks raised to me in some places.

Agreed, definitely PadSkinz IMO. He used black in color zones for sliding surface and leg wrap on his prior set and it’s the same on this set. And since there’s no black in the retro color scheme...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I know. It’s just funny that we pee-ons can’t get any LOL

Ha.

Every time I order custom gear and I get a wait time quote I always curse Jimmy Howard, Tuukka Rask, and Jonathan Quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha.

Every time I order custom gear and I get a wait time quote I always curse Jimmy Howard, Tuukka Rask, and Jonathan Quick.

I always put padskins/padwrap on the nose of my blocker. Weave will do; I just wanted regular in case of certain things...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable  garbage from a well respected veteran.

Mrazek gets a penalty for whiffing on a slash.  Unbelievable. 

What do you guys think? Embellishment? Is Mrazek being a drama queen? 

Or did Thornton drop him? Was there contact with the throat?

Mrazek wears no throat protection and on the replay from behind you see his mask move forward and down quite a lot.  I can totally imagine force to the chin or throat. 

Edited by seagoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what looked to be the bigger potential issue on Mrazek was bouncing off the ice. for sure the penalty for "intent to slash" was garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, seagoal said:

Unbelievable  garbage from a well respected veteran.

Mrazek gets a penalty for whiffing on a slash.  Unbelievable. 

What do you guys think? Embellishment? Is Mrazek being a drama queen? 

Or did Thornton drop him? Was there contact with the throat?

Mrazek wears no throat protection and on the replay from behind you see his mask move forward and down quite a lot.  I can totally imagine force to the chin or throat. 

I expect nothing less from the classy Joe Thornton.

Edited by bunnyman666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, seagoal said:

Unbelievable  garbage from a well respected veteran.

Mrazek gets a penalty for whiffing on a slash.  Unbelievable. 

What do you guys think? Embellishment? Is Mrazek being a drama queen? 

Or did Thornton drop him? Was there contact with the throat?

Mrazek wears no throat protection and on the replay from behind you see his mask move forward and down quite a lot.  I can totally imagine force to the chin or throat. 

He played it IMO. If a sucker jab puts him down like that, imagine an 80mph puck to the chin. Mrazek went after him, welcome to the big leagues bud.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, raucebyalien said:

Domingue in his Jersey 'christmas' retro set up:

gettyimages-1191079658-2048x2048.jpg

Brings me back to the Chico and Brians days B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RichMan said:

He played it IMO. If a sucker jab puts him down like that, imagine an 80mph puck to the chin. Mrazek went after him, welcome to the big leagues bud.

Protect yourself at all times. Thornton wasn’t about to get punked by Mrazek.

I think he was trying to draw the penalty the whole time. That jab wasn’t dropping anyone...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was absolutely embarrassing by Mrazek.

You want to act like a primadonna about a slight jab at your glove and then you toss out a flop like that?

God I can't stand Carolina.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichMan said:

He played it IMO. If a sucker jab puts him down like that, imagine an 80mph puck to the chin. Mrazek went after him, welcome to the big leagues bud.

There was douchebaggery on both sides.  No need for Thornton to go digging around, Mrazek had the puck well and truly secured but that baseball swing could have caused serious damage to Thornton's knee.  Same thing with the punch.  There was no need for it, but no need for the dive either.  Pretty much a punk exchange all the way around,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"right in the jugular!"

This is why I can't watch the current NHL. Gloved shot to the chin of his mask. Soccer flop (fell on his shoulder - so he was able to turn while being "dropped"?). The announcer, like all cheese ball announcers, was doing a WWE broadcast.

This is so lame it hurts to watch.

Also, odds are the puck wasn't fully covered. We've all been there. You can see how easy the puck came out after Thorton poked it.

It's embarrassing as a hockey player to see this act now get shown all over the place like it's real tough guy stuff. Terrible.

Edited by MTH
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I keep rewatching it and I just can't see a dive or embellishment. 

It looks like direct , seamless connection between the jab, the mask moving down/forward, then the push, then Mrazek going down.

I don't think he was knocked out and I don't think it was a direct throat punch, but I just don't see a dive.

Oh well.

Full disclosure: I am a Sharks fan, too. They are my favorite Western team.

Edited by seagoal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another angle of Mrazek and Thorton...

c85727088829867d20323c11b1756c41.gif

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MTH said:

Here's another angle of Mrazek and Thorton...

c85727088829867d20323c11b1756c41.gif

Ha.

You win for first WWE gif. It had to happen :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...