Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Steph Lawa

2019-2020 NHL Gear Sitings

Recommended Posts

On 7/22/2019 at 8:42 AM, raucebyalien said:

Janis Kalnins at Jokerit's (KHL) training camp:

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 14.40.08.png

Ronald McGoalie!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet that Merzlikins mask will look pretty good with the uniforms from a distance, really.

That Woll mask is very nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 4:34 PM, cwarnar said:

Did one of your dirty bastards do this....

FB_IMG_1562967097296.thumb.jpg.eaa923d1e80de35251727640114b024a.jpg

I Actually like the gloves because they are original...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, raucebyalien said:

Niemi at Jokerit camp - still in Canadiens mask and sticks:

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 17.05.39.png

Is it just me or does his blocker graphic look very weird... The lines aren't symmetrical at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Niemi at Jokerit camp - still in Canadiens mask and sticks:

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 17.05.39.png

Knowing Niemi kept the same mask with the Sharks for something like 3 seasons doesn't surprise me, and given his long usage of Pittsburgh gear while in both Florida and Montreal indicates he's the type of guy to run his gear into the ground.

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Is it just me or does his blocker graphic look very weird... The lines aren't symmetrical at all

My guess would be a hasty Padskinz application to his Montreal gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TitanG said:

My guess would be a hasty Padskinz application to his Montreal gear.

I thought that too, but look at the backhand of the glove.  I think its new gear, but that looks odd.  The red isn't straight either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I thought that too, but look at the backhand of the glove.  I think its new gear, but that looks odd.  The red isn't straight either

Also the Vaughn logo red looks a bit different than the stripe red, but that could just be because one is printed while the other is from the Jenpro supplier. Weird, maybe whoever cut it had a bad day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, cwarnar said:

Is it just me or does his blocker graphic look very weird... The lines aren't symmetrical at all

The blocker graphic always looked a little janky compared to the pad graphic.  With the angled piece at the top and that it starts from the bottom edge of the blocker instead of the side edge of the pad, it never quite looked the same.

There's also a weird quirk with that graphic on the glove where, depending on the model of glove (like custom builds of old models for pros), it either had the swoop shape or it was more straight.  I don't think that's the case here though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

The blocker graphic always looked a little janky compared to the pad graphic.  With the angled piece at the top and that it starts from the bottom edge of the blocker instead of the side edge of the pad, it never quite looked the same.

There's also a weird quirk with that graphic on the glove where, depending on the model of glove (like custom builds of old models for pros), it either had the swoop shape or it was more straight.  I don't think that's the case here though.

Plus his blocker has looked like since his stint in Pittsburgh.

usa_today_10360140.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Merzly in his CBJ gear (with the new colour option Bauer 2S stick):

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 17.31.42.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 17.32.00.png

Could his pads sit any higher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Md30 said:

Could his pads sit any higher?

exactly what I was thinking!  Why bother with maximum pad heights when they do shit like this.  I know this sounds awful, but every time I see someone with pads sitting this high, I WANT them to get nailed on the skate tongue with a shot.  Seriously, the boot break is at the middle of his shin!!!

Edited by Naz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Markstrom

67618214_3121595207858610_76034511274718

Those aren't markstroms pads. He moved into CCM last year. Those are a special edition for the Bauer true custom program made for the hockey shop in Surrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Markstrom

67618214_3121595207858610_76034511274718

50 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Those aren't markstroms pads. He moved into CCM last year. Those are a special edition for the Bauer true custom program made for the hockey shop in Surrey

Do you know if these are the same pads seen in The Hockey Shop a couple months ago? These seem much brighter and better in terms of printing. It would indicate that even in this short of time Bauer really improved their process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TitanG said:

Do you know if these are the same pads seen in The Hockey Shop a couple months ago? These seem much brighter and better in terms of printing. It would indicate that even in this short of time Bauer really improved their process. 

It would be a lot easier to see if they showed the name embroidery. No. 5 Orange was a hilarious name to put on there. 

Though, they look identical to the set that's been in display for months and I wouldn't be surprised to see if they were the same set. 

I betcha the lighting does wonders. Because in person the black is kind of faded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are the shop's demos.

They resurfaced on the Hockey Shop's Instagram this week as a heads up for Markstrom in case he needed inspiration for this upcoming season and those matching jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 6:06 PM, Hockeytown0001 said:

Markstrom

67618214_3121595207858610_76034511274718

Big fail on the glove lace, that totally should've been black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2019 at 3:38 PM, Md30 said:

Could his pads sit any higher?

Makes me think of Blackwood in his junior years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...