Mammoth Tender Bag

bunnyman666

There is no doubt this bag is well-constructed. It is roomy enough for Paul Bunyan if he played goaler. Is it a bit awkward through doorways? Sometimes. And carrying this, unless you situate it *just* right, will wreck your back. More of a fault of me getting older and frailer. 

I recommend this bag for those of us who carry ALL of their gear in a carry bag. I just wish Mammoth would make a wheelie, because they would do it RIGHT.

Will post more impressions.

Below is a pic of the end handle. Great details on this bag!

IMG_0737.JPG

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/8/2017 at 3:25 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

No I think he's gotten and used it already. So I measured my current bag, a Brown JB700 at ~38" x ~18.5" x ~19". On the Brown site they have three bags. They no longer offer the JB700, but the JB1800 is the closest one to mine. The official measurements are 40 x 20 x 20. Do you think that's what my bag would be? Do they round up the numbers or did I measure wrong? I'm just trying to get an idea of what sized bag to get based on how my current one sizes up. The Mammoth bag is four inches larger on each dimension. 

More than likely, there would have been little changes to the new bag versus the old one. John Brown makes sweet stuff, fo sho!

On 06/07/2017 at 10:42 PM, bunnyman666 said:

If I could have modded my Eagle bag, I would have! 

You don't bag your pads? then I would say one of the bigger Mammoth player bags would do what you need.

Yeah I have never ever carried my pads in the bag. I looked at the Web site and they probably would work but the price and then exchange rate into Canadian puts the player bag around $ 325+ just for a carry bag. JRZ with everything I want is saying around $100 canadian to do a custom bag for me. Mammoth has some great ideas but at those prices I shouldn'the have to carry it at all. Even my Sumo bag I never paid full price for, I found it on Kijiji for $140 canadian and it was only used twice. 

9 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Yeah I have never ever carried my pads in the bag. I looked at the Web site and they probably would work but the price and then exchange rate into Canadian puts the player bag around $ 325+ just for a carry bag. JRZ with everything I want is saying around $100 canadian to do a custom bag for me. Mammoth has some great ideas but at those prices I shouldn'the have to carry it at all. Even my Sumo bag I never paid full price for, I found it on Kijiji for $140 canadian and it was only used twice. 

I get what you're saying.

The majors have dropped the ball and I did not know what JRZ would be able to do for me. I had a great carry forward bag through Eagle, but I could not stuff my goalie things in it- even without my pads!

The Mammoth option is not for everyone, which is a shame. I call them the Louis Vuitton of hockey bags.

Archived