The Old Man Thread

bunnyman666

AH yeah. I'll try here to make my case here. I despise almost all Dave art masks.  90s are king period.  90s were great in a whole.  Music 1000x better (Pearl Jam sound garden Alice In Chains) to name a few. Today's music sucks in comparison.  

Also I miss getting catalogs of new goalie gear.  Internets are great but it's instant gradification. 

Im a 4th generation farmer. Been working that job since my late teens. Often times we go for months at 7 days a week from sunup to sun down. Aside from my family. Most of my coworkers speak another language. And most have an uncanny ability to break the shit out of things that you couldn't imagine.  

I understand I'm young but I've seen a lot of shit in my 37 years.  

Thank you for your consideration. 

Awesome to see this thread getting traction

Dropout: Points for most creative alternate yet highly efficient use of a Depends

Willy: you will always get points for reading while on the toilet - it's where the old spend their "formative" years

Bunnyman: here’s a hint – they should call Metamucil “Magicmucil”

Mike24: You state a powerful case, and I now believe you deserve to be in, but you must refrain from quoting the ‘90s. This is not the “grumpy middle aged men’s’ club” – it’s the grumpy old men’s’ club. I would suggest reading up on what happened in the ‘60s and early‘70s with special attention to TV series – because they were the best!!

Edited by Ghostender

Also knowing a number of one-hit-wonders from the '70s never hurts either. For some reason that decade spawned a disproportionate number of them

A fewTV specials, as well!!! The beginning of celebrity inhabited game shows! Saturday Night Special, anyone? I was in North America for a good portion of the '70s before spending most of the '80s in ol' Blighty! 

Of course the '70s also spawned trading cards for EVERYTHING! I still remember where I was when Elvis died, and remember my Dad saying "this stuff is going to be worth something some day". 

"Magimucil" not so much. I am unfortunately having a real problem that has kept me off of the ice for two weeks :(

Bunny: Mrs. Miller – don’t recall it but I will check it out (if it’s on YouTube)

While it wasn’t quite in the 70’s, watching man walk on the moon July/69 had a huge influence on me and definitely moved me toward the career I’m in now.

FR – yeah I hear you – those young ladies certainly accounted for a specific age range of the audience (present company included). I see clips of Barbara Eden in “I Dream of Jeannie” and think that would probably draw an audience today

On 8/12/2017 at 11:11 AM, Ghostender said:

Bunny: Mrs. Miller – don’t recall it but I will check it out (if it’s on YouTube)

While it wasn’t quite in the 70’s, watching man walk on the moon July/69 had a huge influence on me and definitely moved me toward the career I’m in now.

FR – yeah I hear you – those young ladies certainly accounted for a specific age range of the audience (present company included). I see clips of Barbara Eden in “I Dream of Jeannie” and think that would probably draw an audience today

She is. I was not around when she made her TV appearances, but my brother had her records. "Downtown" is a classic. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...