The Old Man Thread

bunnyman666

Well, my new meds somewhat work. But the damndest thing is that my BM habits are still a bit sporadic. All that and now I have to drink three times as much water or my pee gets thick. But then drinking all that water makes me get up four times in the night to pee-IF I can get it out!!!!

This getting old shit sucks!!!!!

If you can say this with your friends in a restaurant and everybody can one up you on it, THEN you can join!!!!!

• 2 months later...

LMAO!!! For a while I thougt I was reading a Red Green Show script :P

I remember when wearing velour was the shit.
When you watched hockey and could name all the players on the team...cause they lasted more than 3 years.
When you believed you were Evil Knievel, took your sister's mustang and had the gonads to jump any make shift ramp available.
When Spiderman was a 2D cartoon but was still the bomb and you can STILL remember all the lyrics.
When Red Fox, Adam 12, Charlie's Angels and the Carroll Burnett shows were religion.
When snow (up here in the province of Québec) was always knee deep, any winter growing up.
When street hockey was legal and encouraged (streets or parking lots).
When Tang was the drink of champions during lunch at school cause water wasn't an option...despite the crazy heartburns that ensued.
When your mom would send you to the corner store to get some things for her, including cigarettes and no questions were asked. 
When your rank as the neighborhood goalie was indicated by the number of orange ball bruises that showed on your thighs, arms and cheeks.
When car seats were nothing more than a flat love seat with straps.
When you'd spent a whole afternoon making up stupid stories and jokes and recording it ON TAPE on A TAPE DECK with your pals.
When you had 3 real good friends and to this day, despite life's BS and all, you still keep in touch and it still feels like yesterday.

I'm 49. Take my beard away and I look early to mid 30s. I feel as young too (don't know who missed the age memo - my brain or my heart lolll). I am starting to feel little aches and pains now and then. Minor injuries take longer to heal. The way I look at life is changing, for the better. I'm much wiser (don't quote me on that one loll).

Even though I might qualify for your club, I don't feel like I'm ready to call it (me) old, cause I'm not - not yet. And besides, my BMs are still perfect ;):P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, RichMan said:

When you watched hockey and could name all the players on the team...cause they lasted more than 3 years.
When you believed you were Evil Knievel, took your sister's mustang and had the gonads to jump any make shift ramp available.
When Spiderman was a 2D cartoon but was still the bomb and you can STILL remember all the lyrics.
When Red Fox, Adam 12, Charlie's Angels and the Carroll Burnett shows were religion.
When snow (up here in the province of Québec) was always knee deep, any winter growing up.
When Tang was the drink of champions during lunch at school cause water wasn't an option...despite the crazy heartburns that ensued.
When your mom would send you to the corner store to get some things for her, including cigarettes and no questions were asked. 
When your rank as the neighborhood goalie was indicated by the number of orange ball bruises that showed on your thighs, arms and cheeks.
When you'd spent a whole afternoon making up stupid stories and jokes and recording it ON TAPE on A TAPE DECK with your pals.
When you had 3 real good friends and to this day, despite life's BS and all, you still keep in touch and it still feels like yesterday.

I'm 49. Take my beard away and I look early to mid 30s. I feel as young too (don't know who missed the age memo - my brain or my heart lolll). I am starting to feel little aches and pains now and then. Minor injuries take longer to heal. The way I look at life is changing, for the better. I'm much wiser (don't quote me on that one loll).

Even though I might qualify for your club, I don't feel like I'm ready to call it (me) old, cause I'm not - not yet. And besides, my BMs are still perfect ;):P 

Welcome to the club!

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2017 at 12:38 PM, Naz said:

I'm 46, so technically MID-40's.  But, had a major Heart Attack at 43, plus I think like an old man, so I am pretty sure I qualify.

Heart attacks are an automatic in: Grump Old Men Club by-law 203.2.1:

"Automatic admittance will be granted to any male who either :

a) has a heart attack

b) while attempting to pass wind in a public place unintentionally soils himself"

Note that clause 'b' cannot be invoked if the candidate was heavily under the influence of alcohol (no need to start a stampede to this club)

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2017 at 11:40 AM, RichMan said:

This almost perfectly describes my childhood.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well better late than never. Been playing floor and ball hockey for years and finally at age 55 decided to learn how to skate and play goal on ice. Absolutely loving it. Had a set back learning how to skate. Fell and hurt my back at a public skate. Thought I put a rib out but after 3 weeks it still hurt so went to the doctor and it turned out that I fractured 3 vertebrae. All healed now. Played a couple hockey 101 games as a sub and then start with shinny group in April.  I found this forum when searching for recommendations for a good mask and am glad I did. Picked up a Coveted. Wish I started  playing on ice years ago!

• 1 month later...

I was telling the kids on my son's team I coach how'd we evade getting in trouble by running through yards and hopping fences. One little dude asks - you jumped over the fence?

12 year old boys - had to show them how to quickly hop a 4' chain link fence after a baseball game. Parents looked at me like I'm nuts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, I'm 47, bald, and 5'11" on a good day (71 inches).  My doctor said I was 70.5 last time.  So I got a new doctor.

I only need to pee once a night every few nights, but I do restrict water after 6, so that helps . . .

And at least once a game I'm heard to mutter "I'm getting too old for this sh!t".  Can I join?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

So, I'm 47, bald, and 5'11" on a good day (71 inches).  My doctor said I was 70.5 last time.  So I got a new doctor.

I only need to pee once a night every few nights, but I do restrict water after 6, so that helps . . .

And at least once a game I'm heard to mutter "I'm getting too old for this sh!t".  Can I join?

In you go!

• 2 weeks later...