The Old Man Thread

bunnyman666

So played a drop in session last night. Other goalie was 66 years old.

I can only hope I'm still playing at that age. I mean, he just kind of laid there for half of the game, but it was still cool to see someone his age out and about.

I know he's on the young end of the spectrum for the old man club, so I only have the upmost respect for you guys for hanging in there.

• Like 3

I'll be 40 next month

Play Ball Hockey. A team asked me to play full time for them, average age 25 all high level hockey guys, but can't get used to Ball hockey

I sound like a darned grandpa in the dressing room giving them advice, these guys were 5-7 when I started...They've never even seen the HABS win a cup!

Years ago - when the NHL was locked out - I was playing for a team of 18 year olds. We were discussing the hopeful return of the NHL. I said 'remember the half season in 95? That was great to watch.'...

They all had blank stares on their faces. One kid says "Dude I think I was in preschool when that happened".

They all called me 'Dad' after that.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
47 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Another year has passed and I’m grumpier, angrier, crustier and a hell of a lot less healthy than before!!!! Got a few less stock parts and the new parts don’t work quite as well. 

Who wants to help me revive this dinosaur thread?!?

Damn straight.

I am actually healthier, aside from the torn MCL.
Just had my yearly treadmill test, 5 years now since my heart attack, and I kicked serious ass on the treadmill despite the MCL.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Naz said:

Damn straight.

I am actually healthier, aside from the torn MCL.
Just had my yearly treadmill test, 5 years now since my heart attack, and I kicked serious ass on the treadmill despite the MCL.  

Great onya!!!!

I am actually healthier than I was two years back. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...