Custom Leg Channel for Warrior G4

ThatCarGuy

While visiting Monkey Sports the other day I noticed that the calf wrap is laced in on Warrior G4 pads. This means I can remove it. I also tried on a set of Bauer 2X Pro pads and I love the feel of that leg channel. I don't have G4 pads yet but when I get them do y'all think it'd be possible to make my own 2X knockoff calf wrap for G4 pads? Should I just have someone else make it to insure quality?

You can see the lacing here:

image.thumb.png.50ee3f66d0cea28c4ed42a8c9ab91d5c.png

If I get G4 I will definitely try it first before modifying it. I preferred the 2x because it felt more snug than the g4 even when the g4 calf wrap was as tight as possible. I also liked the tune-fit because of how I could change the feel of the pad. 

19 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

If I get G4 I will definitely try it first before modifying it. I preferred the 2x because it felt more snug than the g4 even when the g4 calf wrap was as tight as possible. I also liked the tune-fit because of how I could change the feel of the pad. 

Yes I really like the versatility of the TuneFit on my 1X set. Only thing I would caution is I don’t think you’d get the tight fit from just replacing the calf wrap. The issue on the G4 is the attachment points for the wraps are further away from the center line of the pad. This is on purpose I believe and is part of the “Active Drop” concept. You’d have to more heavily mod the pads to achieve that tighter fit. You could start by adding thicker layers of material to the inside of the stock wrap. 

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Yes I really like the versatility of the TuneFit on my 1X set. Only thing I would caution is I don’t think you’d get the tight fit from just replacing the calf wrap. The issue on the G4 is the attachment points for the wraps are further away from the center line of the pad. This is on purpose I believe and is part of the “Active Drop” concept. You’d have to more heavily mod the pads to achieve that tighter fit. You could start by adding thicker layers of material to the inside of the stock wrap. 

Or an after market professor strap.

12 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Or just get a different pad. 

I feel like the amount of modding you're looking to do would easily be avoided by getting a pad with a leg channel more in line to what you're looking for. 

But hey, I'm lazy and rarely mod my gear. 

Does RGT2 have a tighter leg channel?

13 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Or an after market professor strap.

Get the Kenesky one! 

8 hours ago, cwarnar said:

No.  The G4 and GT2 share may common features/specs, including the active drop leg channel

Ain't that the truth. I'm still getting used to the active drop leg channel on my RGT2s--wasn't used to the loose feeling and wrapped mine too tight the other day and one time I landed on the face of the pad. Gotta trust the system. 

@ThatCarGuyI am thinking if you’re hot to mod a brand new pair of Warrior pads, get the Senior line, being that it has pro-level skinning and last gen internals and they are a LOT cheaper, to boot. 

I do know people who have changed out leg channels wanting to get the face they wanted with the leg channel they love, but that is a CRAP load of work. Essentially you are taking the face off from the back. You would take off the thigh and toe trims, unlace the front and back, then unstitch the binding all around the pad. Yes- a HELL of a LOT of work! 

But looking over the replies and the context of what you really want, you wish you could have the front of a Warrior pad with the back of a Bauer; I say buy the Bauers and be done with it 😃

Archived