HTV Vinyl

CCSH

I've decided to go for a simple look on my mask this year, doing just a sport gold window behind my mask. Bobby Lou style. I'm looking for a cheap option that'll look good and I've heard about people using HTV vinyl on pads before, but I'm worried it will damage my mask. 

Is there anyone out there that has used HTV vinyl on a mask before?

I doubt it so whats the best, cheapish alternative?

30 minutes ago, CCSH said:

I've decided to go for a simple look on my mask this year, doing just a sport gold window behind my mask. Bobby Lou style. I'm looking for a cheap option that'll look good and I've heard about people using HTV vinyl on pads before, but I'm worried it will damage my mask. 

Is there anyone out there that has used HTV vinyl on a mask before?

I doubt it so whats the best, cheapish alternative?

You just need outdoor vinyl. Does not require heat. 

3 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Does anyone have a good method for making a cage window out of vinyl?

I've never tried it personally, but I would make a template out of paper. You could take the cage off, lay down the paper over the face hole, tape it down with masking tape. Then install your cage and draw your outline. Transfer that to your vinyl.

9 hours ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I've never tried it personally, but I would make a template out of paper. You could take the cage off, lay down the paper over the face hole, tape it down with masking tape. Then install your cage and draw your outline. Transfer that to your vinyl.

Yeah makes sense. I was actually thinking of laying down a layer of wide masking tape (obviously will need a few sections) and drawing directly on that. Then peel it off, trim, and transfer. Just thinking that might conform to the shape of the mask better. 

6 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Yeah makes sense. I was actually thinking of laying down a layer of wide masking tape (obviously will need a few sections) and drawing directly on that. Then peel it off, trim, and transfer. Just thinking that might conform to the shape of the mask better. 

That's a great idea

• 1 month later...

Thought I’d share my result making a vinyl cage window for my Coveted 905. I went with the negative/blackout window with matte black to go with the matte black powder coated cage and matte white paint.

I’m considering this one a “proof of concept” and will probably need to go back and do a cleaner job in the future. Visible in the pic is a small seam that was created by pinching that bothers me and the edges aren’t perfect, but I’m happy for now and will see how I like it and whether to invest the time in perfecting it. 

E2F37456-8514-4C1E-9BE3-DF7113BDFA60.jpeg

Archived