Bauer NG Knee Pads or Base Layer

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@ULTIMA - Are these what you are using? If so, how are they? This could maybe work

image.thumb.png.d775fd98b9f6c27c126add468f3a1910.png

They are fantastic. Took a bit to adjust to them but otherwise they are a great product.

Then Vaughn had to go and come out with their lower base layer with padded knee areas. So I got that and I'v been using that ever since.

2 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

They are fantastic. Took a bit to adjust to them but otherwise they are a great product.

Then Vaughn had to go and come out with their lower base layer with padded knee areas. So I got that and I'v been using that ever since.

You wear knee pads over them or just these?

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Why do you miss these exactly?

Unfortunately, I have developed some bone bruising on the inside of my knee. I have tried every knee pad on the market and it has not gone away. It's probably because I skate so frequently. Aside from rest and ice, I believe that I need some additional knee cushioning to prevent this issue from happening again.

I believe the Bauer sleeve would fit pretty well under my knee guards

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Unfortunately, I have developed some bone bruising on the inside of my knee. I have tried every knee pad on the market and it has not gone away. It's probably because I skate so frequently. Aside from rest and ice, I believe that I need some additional knee cushioning to prevent this issue from happening again.

I believe the Bauer sleeve would fit pretty well under my knee guards

I see...I had that with the new supreme knee guards... got a bruise. The ones that came out last year. Don't know if you remember we talked about it. I went back to the old Supremes which I used to use and it went away, yellow ones.  Maybe your situation is different....lay off them for a bit.

I've been using the G-form knee pads under my regular knee pads for 2 years.  They work great  I just turn them slightly to the inside to prevent the bone bruises.  I just received an e-mail from G-form that that everything is 20% off for the 4th of July holiday.  The code is USA2019.  I'm thinking about picking up another pair.

-steve

23 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I've been using the G-form knee pads under my regular knee pads for 2 years.  They work great  I just turn them slightly to the inside to prevent the bone bruises.  I just received an e-mail from G-form that that everything is 20% off for the 4th of July holiday.  The code is USA2019.  I'm thinking about picking up another pair.

-steve

What do you wear over them?

Are they comfortable to land on?

1 hour ago, Peter36 said:

What do you wear over them?

Are they comfortable to land on?

I wear them directly on my skin with my base layer over them, and then my knee pads.  I think they are great to land on.  I machine wash them every couple of skates to keep them from getting gross.  I hope this helps.

-steve

46 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I wear them directly on my skin with my base layer over them, and then my knee pads.  I think they are great to land on.  I machine wash them every couple of skates to keep them from getting gross.  I hope this helps.

-steve

I ended up buying these and turning them so they sit on the inside of my knee and not in the front. I pulled my base layer of these. Then I put my knee guards over the base layer, worked fantastic.

https://www.mcdavidusa.com/collections/hex/products/hex-leg-sleeves-pair

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think I’m going to see if I can have these sewn into my base layer 

like cut the padding off the McDavids and take it out to a tailor 

Interesting idea 🧐.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Archived