Aegis Interceptor HD Pro

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Any tester think this is better than a roughneck?

I am biased here because I led the design around this, haha

Here is why I would say it's better:

• This product has a 3rd party foam that actually been scientifically tested. To knowledge, Eco Pro / Maltese never did any scientific to prove if it worked better than traditional foam
  • It is thicker. It's a fact of impact absorption that the thicker something is, the better it will perform. If we all wore enormous bubble helmets, no one would get injured
  • This is BNQ certified and has a kevlar cur resistant insert
  • When you wash this item, you take the foam out. Water and soap will change the performance of foam over time. You protect the longevity of your foam this way.
  • It's less expensive
  • Trim to fit - Easy to customize the fit with a pair of scissors

Missing:

• Customer colors, logos, etc
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, Deltadre said:

@thebigm  How long have you been using it and how is it holding up?  I'm very interested in this product as well.

I got my in summer of last year and it's holding up perfectly fine!

On 3/11/2020 at 10:18 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Any tester think this is better than a roughneck?

So I haven't used a roughneck but I have used 2 Maltese a 2nd gen and his last gen he made.

I found personally the Aegis has much better impact absorption properties than the Maltese.  I never got hurt in my Maltese collar but I could feel impacts from hard slap shots that would hit me up high.  None that cause discomfort or pain just a sensation to let me know where it is.  With the Aegis I barely felt as the first shot in a game I took when I first got it hit me in the collar bone!

I can't say anything about the weight between the two because my second collar didn't have the Reiter spec so it was a smaller size bib.  I much prefer the Aegis shape as it offers much more coverage in the clavicle than my Maltese.  Comparing visually to the Roughneck the look to be about the same size?  I am unsure as I haven't gotten my hands on one.

The one thing I would probably like better on the roughneck and my personally on my Maltese is the collar portion I like the feel of the foam/gel on the neck.  I also find it wraps my neck significantly better as well as i have like a 16.5"-17" neck and the Aegis was just a little too narrow.  I did get a longer neck piece sent to me but still found the neck didn't wrap around my neck as much as I wanted to.  I am too use to having the collar wrap all the way around my neck.

In the end I cut my old Maltese collar neck piece off and put it in the Aegis to have the best of both worlds and that's how I run it now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebigm said:

I got my in summer of last year and it's holding up perfectly fine!

So I haven't used a roughneck but I have used 2 Maltese a 2nd gen and his last gen he made.

I found personally the Aegis has much better impact absorption properties than the Maltese.  I never got hurt in my Maltese collar but I could feel impacts from hard slap shots that would hit me up high.  None that cause discomfort or pain just a sensation to let me know where it is.  With the Aegis I barely felt as the first shot in a game I took when I first got it hit me in the collar bone!

I can't say anything about the weight between the two because my second collar didn't have the Reiter spec so it was a smaller size bib.  I much prefer the Aegis shape as it offers much more coverage in the clavicle than my Maltese.  Comparing visually to the Roughneck the look to be about the same size?  I am unsure as I haven't gotten my hands on one.

The one thing I would probably like better on the roughneck and my personally on my Maltese is the collar portion I like the feel of the foam/gel on the neck.  I also find it wraps my neck significantly better as well as i have like a 16.5"-17" neck and the Aegis was just a little too narrow.  I did get a longer neck piece sent to me but still found the neck didn't wrap around my neck as much as I wanted to.  I am too use to having the collar wrap all the way around my neck.

In the end I cut my old Maltese collar neck piece off and put it in the Aegis to have the best of both worlds and that's how I run it now!

Could you wear an Aegis without a dangler and feel that it's enough protection?

• 2 weeks later...