Skate Color

5 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Would it be a bad idea to paint my blade holder on my bauer one s skates? I love the look of the one piece trues but am not about to spend 800 dollars on skates because im still gorwing. I want black blade holders, should I do it? And if so, would spray paint work?

The black paint, no matter what type of adhesion promoter you would use, would not hold up on your holders. Paints can also screw up the plastic the holders are made from. Stay away,  FAR away from paint on plastic!!!!

Your best bet, though expensive (unless you can remove and replace holders yourself, as you’d be paying to have the holders removed and remounted) would be to dye the holders with Throne of String lacrosse head dye. Yes- they have black. Now- if your holders are knackered and you need to replace the holders, then you could dye new holders. Really, you would ONLY want to dye new holders. Word of warning: when you scratch the holder, it will be white underneath.

I dye my cowlings and they look great.

461A1274-E6EA-4633-9AB0-3EF04CCA3654.jpeg

6 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

You could always use acrylic paints for miniature models. They are deigned to use on plastic but I would still sand the holder down and put a primer before actual paint plus clear coat on top. 

The problem is that since the holder flexes a fair bit, so adhesion would still be an issue. But you’re on the right track. Maybe an adhesion promoter would help, but you’re still getting into a LOT of work for possibly a lacklustre result.

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

The problem is that since the holder flexes a fair bit, so adhesion would still be an issue. But you’re on the right track. Maybe an adhesion promoter would help, but you’re still getting into a LOT of work for possibly a lacklustre result.

I never said otherwise. I wouldn't go for painting the holder (actually white works best for me) but if you really would like to do that this could be a way.

2 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

There's a guy on GGSU that's supposedly created a black dye for cowlings. It's been awhile since I've seen the post about it, but that might be an option also.

Dan Horton... He's in Vancouver. Was at $13 USD

Screenshot_20190711-131529.thumb.png.96989063ea1dcaf50e38328a59430b7d.png

Archived