New Pad Design - the final four. Er... Five.

Lucky Pucker

New Pad Design - the final four. Er... Five.  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which design goes best with the gloves (and looks sickest, if convenient)

• Option 1
    • Option 2
    • Option 3
    • Option 4
    • Option 5
    • Pick your own damned colours, LP!
    • I will pay for your custom pads

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

The red on the face of the pad is "flat" and the black and white stripes(not the larger sections) are all weave as well.

Ah, yeah - I'm pretty sure I went weave on the thinner black stripe as well. It's all kind of a blur now, so there is potential for October me to open them up, and wonder WTF July me was smoking - LOL!

6 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Ah, yeah - I'm pretty sure I went weave on the thinner black stripe as well. It's all kind of a blur now, so there is potential for October me to open them up, and wonder WTF July me was smoking - LOL!

Hahaha.  Where did you order from?  You should have jumped on that express build TGC is offering!  Would have gotten them in September.

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Hahaha.  Where did you order from?  You should have jumped on that express build TGC is offering!  Would have gotten them in September.

Went with my local guy, who was able to slightly better the TGC price. He's a good guy, and I like to throw as much as I can his way, if/when it makes sense for me.

Plus, it's where I get my goalie skates, players skates, and the skates of my 2 kids and wife sharpened, so lots of opportunities to drop in and say "Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet?"

31 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Went with my local guy, who was able to slightly better the TGC price. He's a good guy, and I like to throw as much as I can his way, if/when it makes sense for me.

Plus, it's where I get my goalie skates, players skates, and the skates of my 2 kids and wife sharpened, so lots of opportunities to drop in and say "Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet?"

Fair enough.  I'm all about loyalty as well.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Update!

figuring I still had time before they started cutting and stitching, I asked my LHS guy for a minor change. Got an email back saying “too late; they should be shipping this week!”

7DDFA01E-C58A-4B12-854E-AAFD906C9B13.gif

Ugh... I'm jealous... you ordered your new set weeks after I ordered mine... and you're getting them weeks before I'm set to get mine... can't wait to see how yours turned out! 

Also... excellent use of Stewie.

6 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

LIkewise.  These are some amazing pads and I'm constantly puzzled at the number of people in our shop who walk right past them to look at CCM.  Not that there is anything wrong with CCM, but it just feels like Brians' sometimes doesn't get the love they deserve.

There seems to be an uptick in Brian's in the NHL so I imagine this will slowly change a bit.

The gear on TV will be the most popular. 

@seagoal - My guy told me yesterday they were in! I raced home from work, tried to get to my LHS before picking up the kids after school, and hit GRIDLOCK! The southbound lanes of the main North/South artery was closed due to a huge accident. Had to go to a minor hockey coaches meeting (been forced to be an Assistant this year - they must really be desperate if they've come calling for me to help!) so I couldn't get to the store :crying: Hopefully today!

@Puckstopper I was initially sucked in by the aesthetics, but I've read so many positive things about them, and I am super happy with their G-Netik 8 Sr level blocker and trapper. I dunno - even before playing the position myself, Brian's had cred in my eyes - especially when Roy wore their trapper. Too bad Anderson appears to have switched to Bauer; his set last year was sah-weet - and I don't even like Anderson or Ottawa!

@BadAngle41 I can't quite recall; what are you waiting on again? Not sure it makes a difference, but I didn't go off script for anything...(?) Appreciate the nod for the Stewie meme - LOL!

@bunnyman666 I don't know what you're on about; aside form changing your ridiculous suggestion of retro tan for the correct buff selection, I went with the eggplant, grey, metallic gold. Check your monitor, man! LOL!

Question for the panel; I have my 2nd game with my new team, and I want it to go well (1st game we won 2-1, and I was MVP... I'm worried expectations might be a tad high - LOL!) Do I rock the new pads tonight and hope for the best, or try to get an informal shinny skate with them first go around...?

@Lucky Pucker Personally I wouldn't use them in a real game.  For me when I get new gear it is all I can think about and I find myself trying too hard to make saves with it as opposed to say a chest or belly save.  I think the tendency with new gear is to think about and focus on the gear and if that is done in a real game, you're already at a disadvantage.

Just my take.  Wait for shinny if you have one you can go to. .

57 minutes ago, seagoal said:

@Lucky Pucker Personally I wouldn't use them in a real game.  For me when I get new gear it is all I can think about and I find myself trying too hard to make saves with it as opposed to say a chest or belly save.  I think the tendency with new gear is to think about and focus on the gear and if that is done in a real game, you're already at a disadvantage.

Just my take.  Wait for shinny if you have one you can go to. .

Don't listen to him.

The first game in a new set will always be your best. Look good, feel good, play good. ;)

I got a shutout in my first game in my new Warriors. Pretty sure that experience would translate over to everyone right?

Right?

Archived