Question about CCM GFL Pro Mask Fit

Hey, just a quick question. As someone who owns both a Bauer NME VTX Mask and a CCM GFL Pro, how would you compare the two? Specifically, I have a bit of a wider face shape/ head and I know that between the Bauer Profile and NME lines, the NME is the wider fit, but how does the CCM compare? Thanks

Dude -  masks and skates you have to go and try them and make your own mind.  Irregardless of your comment about your head shape above that doesn’t mean it will relate to another goalies head shape ?

And the only who might own these 2 masks would be TGN - but again GO to a large hockey shop and try both .

Good luck

Like the above posters stated you really need to try a mask on to tell if it's going to fit. But as someone with a wide head that has tried them both on the VTX in a fit 3 felt great to me but there was no size of the CCM that felt good. It was way too narrow in the brow area.

2 hours ago, ColinFessler said:

No, I don’t own either. This was intended to be a direct question to @TheGoalNet who owns both and I’d like to get some more info on the fit differences if possible 

CCM fit is closer to the Profile. It's designed to fit a more narrow face. I wear a M in CCM and Fit 2 in NME. I prefer the NME helmet, but the CCM is a bit better fit for me. I have narrow width head that is deep front to back.

Based on your description, I would guess NME is your mask. If possible, go try them on! Most shops stock the cheap NME masks and they could help with fitting if you can't find a VTX

Colin - I was not trying to be an ass but you do have to try them!

my son has the GFL pro - prior to pulling the trigger on this mask I was very sceptical, he had a Protecsport full Kevlar. The CCM  fits very close to the cheeks and per my son had a better line of sight, I would also add that the quality is very good . Good luck with your purchase but again go try both masks

17 hours ago, ColinFessler said:

No, I don’t own either. This was intended to be a direct question to @TheGoalNet who owns both and I’d like to get some more info on the fit differences if possible 

Ah, that wasn't clear.  Sorry if you thought I was being an ass, it wasn't intended that way.   I agree with everyone who's telling you to try masks on.   Fit is something that you can kind of dial in over the 'net but feel is very subjective and having your mask feel right on your head is almost as important as having it fit right.  Especially when you're spending around a grand on it!

Archived