• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is actually an Itech 1000:

profile1000.jpg.bb9057bdd7aa620596032c0b7755b35b.jpg

An Itech 1400 looks like this:

4-5302rn.jpg.280dbc88471c09b588d30f7b627c2cdf.jpg

Both are terrible. 

Pretty sure the 1000s were recalled years ago due to cage issues. Yet it seems every beer league goalie i see who is over 40 has one. I think the 1400 was the replacement for the 1000. 

They are also super common at all of the PIAS locations in the Ottawa area. 

So ya... older widowmaker and newer widowmaker

• 4 weeks later...

I need to replace the cage on my Mage RS. It's the RS90 cage with the extended chin. But I was thinking about getting the flatbar cat eye instead. The cage doesn't extend to cover the chin as mine does. But I will need to drill new holes to mount it. 

So questions,

1. Has anyone drilled new holes in their mask to fit a new cage?Any issues? My mask is a few years old so already out of warranty. I probably have to remove the foam to do it.

2.  Does anyone have experience with the Mage flatbar cat eye? How are the sightlines, durability?

Thanks.

15 hours ago, KootenayKeeper said:

I need to replace the cage on my Mage RS. It's the RS90 cage with the extended chin. But I was thinking about getting the flatbar cat eye instead. The cage doesn't extend to cover the chin as mine does. But I will need to drill new holes to mount it. 

So questions,

1. Has anyone drilled new holes in their mask to fit a new cage?Any issues? My mask is a few years old so already out of warranty. I probably have to remove the foam to do it.

2.  Does anyone have experience with the Mage flatbar cat eye? How are the sightlines, durability?

Thanks.

@KootenayKeeper FYI, I have a medium Mage RS and was able to easily mount (no drilling - fit perfectly) CCM cages to that mask. Both a retail pro/titanium certified cage and a pro stock Ti cat eye. If you can find a CCM cat eye you like it might be better to try that first. Disclaimer though - there seems to be a few different iterations of the Mage RS and if yours isn’t a medium IDK if it would fit. 

Archived