BAHR - Bay Area Hockey Repair

TheGoalNet

16 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Wow, is that a consensus from other people as well or is he just lazy with player's gloves? 

He posts/advertises a lot so some of his negative reviews disappear.

I think they are better options out there that people should go through. I don't have personal experiences so I can't really comment besides what I've read.

Several years ago BAHR was recommended to me by another goalie. Since then, I have had my Vaughn 7400 leg pads converted from double break to single break, elastic straps replaced on my PAW kneepads, and goalie pants shortened. Can't comment on the negative thread posted by Hills, but I have been completely satisfied, and will be going back to BAHR for whatever project comes up next. His shop is local here, and when I have been in there it looks like more than 95% of what is in the shop is goalie equipment (not counting the skates in for sharpening).

3 hours ago, Blocked1 said:

Several years ago BAHR was recommended to me by another goalie. Since then, I have had my Vaughn 7400 leg pads converted from double break to single break, elastic straps replaced on my PAW kneepads, and goalie pants shortened. Can't comment on the negative thread posted by Hills, but I have been completely satisfied, and will be going back to BAHR for whatever project comes up next. His shop is local here, and when I have been in there it looks like more than 95% of what is in the shop is goalie equipment (not counting the skates in for sharpening).

Good to hear some positive feedback 

• 6 months later...

I know prototypes can look rough. My first working prototype never saw the light of day. It had so much electrical tape on it to hide both the contours AND the ugliness (bike frame).  Even stuff I did later as prototypes were full of filler and flat black paint.

That is a brutal prototype pad and may not make people want to invest!

18 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I know prototypes can look rough. My first working prototype never saw the light of day. It had so much electrical tape on it to hide both the contours AND the ugliness (bike frame).  Even stuff I did later as prototypes were full of filler and flat black paint.

That is a brutal prototype pad and may not make people want to invest!

This 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a pretty bad experience with them last year.  Bought a P1 off them on Ebay.  When I got it, literally every adjustment strap was dry rotted and ripped in half.  Then they wouldn't take it back, said it was my fault and I must be pulling the straps too hard...lol!.  Thank you Ebay buyer protection.

Archived