CA selection input

Big2

Hills thanks for the feedback on the Brown I also would not consider a unit that we cannot see/try before pulling the trigger!

In regards to the SZ3 in talking to one of the stores they confirmed what I noticed on the senior version - there is a slight gap at the breast level just under the armpits so it is probably out!

I hope to be seeing all the units tomorrow with my son and hopefully make a decision ASAP

Tx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hills, I had a chance to try 1X, only in store, but was not impressed. I don´t know how to explain it better, but it looked like senior level chest to me in comparsion with my NXG. I didn´t feel comfortable. I´m long time in bauer chests, but didn´t like this one.

Two of my friends have Passau chest, looks wery interesting.  

17 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I don't get the whole "hot" thing.  I've never been any more uncomfortable wearing a Brown than I ever was wearing a Vaughn, Bauer, or Brian's prior to switching to Brown.

Maybe it's what you're used to?

I noticed a huge difference between my Vaughn 7800 and Vaughn LT90 C/A's. The 7800 was definitely warmer, but never anything to complain or even think about.

Perhaps some guys are wee bit more sensitive?

8 hours ago, mik said:

Hills, I had a chance to try 1X, only in store, but was not impressed. I don´t know how to explain it better, but it looked like senior level chest to me in comparsion with my NXG. I didn´t feel comfortable. I´m long time in bauer chests, but didn´t like this one.

Two of my friends have Passau chest, looks wery interesting.  

I've worn it as well and liked it. The Curv arms should be bullet proof and if the aero foam is as solid as it feels the shoulders and body shouldn't be a huge issue. My problem was with the stiffness and how it didn't conform to my body, but that might just need a steam to break in.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I noticed a huge difference between my Vaughn 7800 and Vaughn LT90 C/A's. The 7800 was definitely warmer, but never anything to complain or even think about.

I've almost passed out from the heat of my Brown... I had to be careful with what undershirt as certain ones simply play too hot. The thing is 10lbs and doesn't breathe at all.

I've tried on the 1X a bunch. Love the body of it, the stiffness in the stomach, and the strapping. I liked the concept of the arms, but they felt crazy stiff in the store. Bauer told me they will really loosen up after time. I'd love to try on a broken in version of that unit 

Well quick update on our search for my sons next CA - we saw both units from Brians today SZ3 Pro and GN2 Pro the Vaughn Ventus SLR Pro and the Warrior GT Pro. This store did not have the SLR Pro Carbon so I cannot compare to the regular Ventus?

Any how the last two units where a disappointment and between the two Brians my son preferred the SZ3 vs the GN the SZ3 is a monster in size it even looks bigger than his SZ2? I am glad I was able to get him to finally take a serious look at the options because for the last few days he has been asking me to get him SZ2 which I had found some units at a store nearby. My only problem is sizing he is on the fence between a large vs an XL and I would love to compare both sizes before pulling the trigger.

I will still like to see the Vaughn SLR Pro Carbon before pulling the trigger hope to do this shortly just to validate our choice and then I will order a L and XL SZ3 from the store I got his GN Combo  and decide on sizing.

3 hours ago, Big2 said:

Well quick update on our search for my sons next CA - we saw both units from Brians today SZ3 Pro and GN2 Pro the Vaughn Ventus SLR Pro and the Warrior GT Pro. This store did not have the SLR Pro Carbon so I cannot compare to the regular Ventus?

Any how the last two units where a disappointment and between the two Brians my son preferred the SZ3 vs the GN the SZ3 is a monster in size it even looks bigger than his SZ2? I am glad I was able to get him to finally take a serious look at the options because for the last few days he has been asking me to get him SZ2 which I had found some units at a store nearby. My only problem is sizing he is on the fence between a large vs an XL and I would love to compare both sizes before pulling the trigger.

I will still like to see the Vaughn SLR Pro Carbon before pulling the trigger hope to do this shortly just to validate our choice and then I will order a L and XL SZ3 from the store I got his GN Combo  and decide on sizing.

Did the SZ3 feel any lighter than the existing SZ2? 

TGN he says he can't tell but I believe it is slightly heavier ( not a scientific response ) I say that cause it looks beefier than the SZ2.

I will try to get you a more definitive answer I will be calling the store where I placed his goalie pad order tomorrow I have some questions on a custom order for a SZ3 CA and a slight mod to the unit

Ok a Brians SZ3 with a couple of minor changes is in the works for my son.

When I post the colors you might be disappointed - but at the end of the day I do not believe that a piece of equipment that is not visible deserves any bling bling!

First off all I have to thanks Brians for 1) taking the time to discuss the changes I want to make and 2) work with me to review if they make any sense - there will be 3/4 mods.

As soon as I have all the details I will post picture with he mods to the CA - if I am going to drop $700  on a CA might as well get it the way we want it!

On 7/14/2017 at 10:16 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

As in pussies?  Yea you're probably right :giggle:

So the order has been placed: XL the main Color of the unit is Navy blue with some sport gold on the elbows and sternum protector!

Minor mods - arm adjustment per the SZ2 laces and the neck guard sown in ( not adjustable) the other items I was looking at like the side rib protection is actually better on the SZ3 and the large pieces that go from the shoulders down to each side of the sternum protector are the same as the SZ2 but due to the fact that they are binding less they looked smaller, so we are maintaining them as is.

1 hour ago, Big2 said:

So the order has been placed: XL the main Color of the unit is Navy blue with some sport gold on the elbows and sternum protector!

Minor mods - arm adjustment per the SZ2 laces and the neck guard sown in ( not adjustable) the other items I was looking at like the side rib protection is actually better on the SZ3 and the large pieces that go from the shoulders down to each side of the sternum protector are the same as the SZ2 but due to the fact that they are binding less they looked smaller, so we are maintaining them as is.

Sounds like a winner.  What's the wait time they gave you?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Those shoulders look huge.  Is that just the way it is sitting on the floor, pushing everything up?

SBR straight out of the box - yes every is being pushed up!

Segmented shoulders and some shoulder adjustments available - will be playing around with it today to properly fit him.

He will be on the ice most of next week with it- will get an update ASAP

Just now, Big2 said:

SBR straight out of the box - yes every is being pushed up!

Segmented shoulders and some shoulder adjustments available - will be playing around with it today to properly fit him.

He will be on the ice most of next week with it- will get an update ASAP

I figured that was the case.  Good luck with it, it looks solid.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 10:53 AM, TheGoalNet said:

I've tried on the 1X a bunch. Love the body of it, the stiffness in the stomach, and the strapping. I liked the concept of the arms, but they felt crazy stiff in the store. Bauer told me they will really loosen up after time. I'd love to try on a broken in version of that unit 

I've wanted to just try one on as well. Figured withe the Curve it would be like a suit of armor at first. I just wonder how long "after time" is according to Bauer. 

Archived