Optik 2 Chest protector

• 3 months later...
On 12/21/2019 at 10:54 PM, LordOfTheCrease said:

looking at the shoulders has me thinking that the "Hellebuyck Halos" for the chicken-winging will become a thing.

001-d.jpg

Very interesting. Does anyone have any insight into the purpose of those caps? Is it really so they provide more coverage when “chicken-winging”? 

• 2 weeks later...

Ive heard these would be out sometime in January just curious if anyone has heard anything else. I have cash in hand to order one but every store I’ve talked to has turned me away from even preorder.

• 6 months later...

I find the chest/ribs super protective - I had a couple guys this past weekend who caught me in areas that would have left a mark in my old Vaughn unit. The arms aren’t as mobile (as my 2x pro) or beefy like the chest - took a nice welt off of the upper biceps the first time I wore the unit. 

Just now, benner33 said:

I ordered one and the pants custom but haven’t gotten them yet. 

Lemme know how the pants turn out - looking to get a new pair, but not sure which to get. 

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived the other day. The pants are perfect and so much more mobile than my Warrior ones. The C/A is a bit stiff but I haven’t had time to adjust anything and I’ve been told they come with the arm straps cranked down out of the box. Can’t wait to give this a shot at my next skate!

30C4D1CA-9A42-47BB-AB5C-ABDB4E72C25B.jpeg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, benner33 said:

Arrived the other day. The pants are perfect and so much more mobile than my Warrior ones. The C/A is a bit stiff but I haven’t had time to adjust anything and I’ve been told they come with the arm straps cranked down out of the box. Can’t wait to give this a shot at my next skate!

Sweet colors - thanks for the update. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 10:53 AM, benner33 said:

Any updates on how you like the chest? I’ve been thinking about getting one and probably getting the arms beefed up a bit.