Goalie jock and knee pads are falling down.. how to fix this?

6 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Cool. Let us know how it goes.

I tried it out tonight at pick-up.  As I suspected , my Warrior knee pads didn't feel right with the sock tucked underneath given how far down the shin pad comes on these.  It just felt too clunky and awkward and I didn't want anything affecting the way my knee pads fit because I love them so much.

So I did some on the spot troubleshooting and decided to try it by coming up and over rather than up and under and this actually worked out pretty good.  I put one loop of sock tape around it to make sure it would not unfold and fall down. The one weird thing with this was that the extra diameter of the sock rolled up was right where my professor/RRC strap sits so it was a little tight at first .  After loosening the strap a bit, I got it to where it was comfortable and tried it on the ice.  It felt great on the ice and I pretty quickly didn't even notice.  However, one huge added benefit was the extra air flow around my calves and ankles with the leg socks rolled up.  So this was a really nice, added benefit.  I'm looking forward to trying this some more.

Here are a couple of pics from in the locker room before the skate. 

20190924_194114.jpg

20190924_194057.jpg

On 9/22/2019 at 3:11 PM, goalieisalwaysgoalie said:

Hi goalies!

Looking for help, otherwise, I don't feel safe protecting nets.

I am just wondering how do you deal with the 'goalie jock' thus it is not falling down? 

For me, it is falling down, even though it's tight enough. Maybe it's been used for a quite long time and straps are loose now.

Same for the knee pads they fall down. They are attached to a garter belt.

To be precise garter belt is on the same level as goalie jock and I believe garter belt pulls down both itself and goalie jock.

My question is, what is your setup, thus everything stays in place?

My jock is a brians optik, I tighten it when it is on and it stays in place, might have to adjust it a tiny bit every once in a while on the ice. Knee guards are warrior ritual X knee guards have had them for like a year. 3 nice straps and they stay on very well and only get loose/fall off if we skate a lot during a practice and they just get messed up. You can try taping your knee guards on, but it might be time for a switch 

Archived