2019/2020 Beer League Discussion

seagoal

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Hoping the best for you.  How are you feeling?

Feeling great, thank you.  Played a great game Sunday night.  Won 4-1.  I spoke to the guys in the room before the game and asked that we have a nice structured half circle warmup like we always used to do.  Just fire shots at me so I can get my hand eye dialed in.  The one goal was a great shot, he smoked me.  Despite that, I should have stopped it had I played it correctly.  My confidence is feeling good and I could tell the guys had a bit of a relief in their game when they saw how well I was playing too.

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Feeling great, thank you.  Played a great game Sunday night.  Won 4-1.  I spoke to the guys in the room before the game and asked that we have a nice structured half circle warmup like we always used to do.  Just fire shots at me so I can get my hand eye dialed in.  The one goal was a great shot, he smoked me.  Despite that, I should have stopped it had I played it correctly.  My confidence is feeling good and I could tell the guys had a bit of a relief in their game when they saw how well I was playing too.

Nice.  A deliberate warm-up is so important.  It can do wonders for us. 

A recent warm-up complaint of mine was: "ok guys, someone BEFORE the last guy out the room grab the pucks."

Jerks.

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Nice.  A deliberate warm-up is so important.  It can do wonders for us. 

A recent warm-up complaint of mine was: "ok guys, someone BEFORE the last guy out the room grab the pucks."

Jerks.

Yea idk what happened over this past season they've kind of strayed from the norm.  Some guys shooting from far, some from in close trying to pick corners.  Finally it just got back to the point where I said guys help me help you haha.  I need to reset my mind tonight.  

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

I'm having a good season so far,  enjoying myself,  and achieving my SV% and GAA goals.   Good times.

Screenshot_20191210-092600_Samsung Internet.jpg

Look at Mr Fancy pants here with a +90%. Well done man.

48 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Game 1 of the Final tonight.

Get that bread son. 😎 I expect a sad looking post game championship picture as always.

So in the lower division I play in, I play for one team full time and another I fill in here and there. The differences in team composition is staggering. Beavers are my full time team and the Wolves are the team I sub for.

Here's the leaders for GAA and SV% in that div.

Untitled.thumb.png.957ec94354e8de2cb4517480a7fea43c.pngUntitled2.thumb.png.51815812a35140844c51ae93a369ce3a.png

Let's just say my full time team really has no business being in this division.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:47 AM, Xdave90x said:

My team is the Maroons and last night we just won a huge game 7-3 against a team that is 2 division higher than ours 😁

Screenshot_20191211-054501.png

Nice one man! The French on the website screen grab made me curious, so I looked it up, assuming it was something like “Ligue de Hockey Adulte de Montreal”. I didn’t know you were in Montreal - you’re out east I’m guessing, somewhere around the Big O...?

34 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Nice one man! The French on the website screen grab made me curious, so I looked it up, assuming it was something like “Ligue de Hockey Adulte de Montreal”. I didn’t know you were in Montreal - you’re out east I’m guessing, somewhere around the Big O...?

Actually I'm on the north shore of MTL 

On 12/10/2019 at 2:54 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Get that bread son. 😎 I expect a sad looking post game championship picture as always.

Yea we shit the bed game 1.  Game 2 and hopefully "game 3" will be this Sunday night.  We played absolutely awful team defense.  I thought I played decently well despite the 10-6 score.  From what I can recall I only let one shot beat me.  I am not even kidding when I say every other goal was either a fluky bounce or a rebound.  My dmen were constantly outnumbered in front of our net due to forwards not coming back to help.  The game prior in the semi finals I was able to save most of the pucks without any rebounds.  All night this team was just throwing pucks at my feet and cashing in on rebounds.  Also didn't help that their two of their three best players on the ice just so happened to make their season debut in the championship game as well.

7 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea we shit the bed game 1.  Game 2 and hopefully "game 3" will be this Sunday night.  We played absolutely awful team defense.  I thought I played decently well despite the 10-6 score.  From what I can recall I only let one shot beat me.  I am not even kidding when I say every other goal was either a fluky bounce or a rebound.  My dmen were constantly outnumbered in front of our net due to forwards not coming back to help.  The game prior in the semi finals I was able to save most of the pucks without any rebounds.  All night this team was just throwing pucks at my feet and cashing in on rebounds.  Also didn't help that their two of their three best players on the ice just so happened to make their season debut in the championship game as well.

Bummer.  Doesn't your league have any caveats in place to stop ringers from showing up in the playoffs?

• 4 weeks later...

So how did everyone's games go recently?

My team? We lost an absolute heartbreaker last week. Still thinking about it today, if I'm being honest.

We were up 3-0 in the first and just gave up after the first period. Total onslaught from then on out. 

First goal the guy went shelf (3-1). I wish I had it, but it was a good shot. It is what it is. The second goal (3-2) was a beauty tip from the point. Can't do much on that one. 

The other team eventually tied it up 3-3 on a breakway (Glove side. Good for them, they earned it) in the 3rd and eventually potted the winner on yet another breakaway with 27 seconds left. 4-3 loss. Brutal.

I made the save on the game-winning goal breakaway, but the rebound landed right on his stick. He coasted up the ice (cherry pick style) while our entire team was in their zone while he was coasting in on me starting from centre ice. This is a really competitive league, so for someone to get that much time on a breakway surprised everyone, including myself. It was like playing a video game. 

Archived