Sign in to follow this  
seagoal

2019/2020 Beer League Discussion

Stats are all finally up from last weekend. I think I did ok.

Untitled.png.1b631ebf41c079a1ec6a2471a583b82d.png

Edit: that "72 save" performance was closer to 36 and one was an ENG. So closer to a 0.914% than .944 lol.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

After losing a shutout with 45 seconds left in the game a few weeks ago, I finally got the monkey off my back this weekend with a shutout (in the playoffs for good measure!) in this competitive beer league I’m playing in this season.

This is my first shutout in this ‘Premier’ beer league so I just knew I had to grab the puck after this big win! 

A2F45376-72FF-435C-AEE6-05FA6DDD2445.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea, financially lol

Oh, I know the feel. Hope your wallet or portfolio recovers quickly :D 

Does anyone here have advice for dealing with pressure in the playoffs? I have never been in an adult league playoff before and my team isn't exactly the best. I'm hoping to just get through the first game and see where it goes from there. I have no idea what to expect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, breaklouis35 said:

Does anyone here have advice for dealing with pressure in the playoffs? I have never been in an adult league playoff before and my team isn't exactly the best. I'm hoping to just get through the first game and see where it goes from there. I have no idea what to expect.

For me it's all about putting myself in the best mind space when the pressure is high. I choose to focus on what I can do, and keep repeating internally the basics - eyes on the puck, lined-up stance, and hands out. I just think about those 3 things and try to ignore the rest. Works much better than thinking about how much time is left, what the score is, and how I'm playing.

• Like 1