Attainable Dream Car

cwarnar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I'd take views like that all day over higher performing vehicle (and I LOVE performance.) 

I'm in a 2015 Forester XT now.. modified suspension so I could actually take a turn with out feeling like I'm in a boat... but would love to get back into a sedan at some point. I've had like 5 Subarus to date and don't get me wrong the Forester does anything I could ever ask it to... hauls gear... kids... AWD... and has a more pep than the standard engine... but there is no replacement for displacement.

image.thumb.png.40060433818ceb9759079c10fe297bc1.png

Consequently something along the lines of a gently used RS7/S7/RS5. AWD... hatch opening trunk... and some extra horses under the bonnet for kicks...

Or if money was no object... E63 S wagon... maybe even throw one over to Brabus for them to work their magic. Nothing like lighting up all 4 tires after dropping the kids off at school...

Image result for brabus 3 e63 wagon

Subaru is very much on my radar as well.  I'm really liking the new 2020 Outback XT, especially in the Outdoor trim.  Adds the turbo and  few nice visual touches with chome deletes.

image.thumb.png.9157000d270a97c48277a1760ea84131.png

I also love sport sedans, which is why the Stinger is also very much on my radar.  German luxury built by South Korea.  The Stinger is actually the brainchild of former BMW M Vice President of Engineering Albert Biermann and former Audi designer Peter Schreyer.  It doesn't quite have the refinement of the A5/S5 or the BMW 440i Grand Coupe but its also $10-15k less

image.png.90d59da8f9ca1bfa2fd4765707692072.png

29 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Subaru is very much on my radar as well.  I'm really liking the new 2020 Outback XT, especially in the Outdoor trim.  Adds the turbo and  few nice visual touches with chome deletes.

image.thumb.png.9157000d270a97c48277a1760ea84131.png

I also love sport sedans, which is why the Stinger is also very much on my radar.  German luxury built by South Korea.  The Stinger is actually the brainchild of former BMW M Vice President of Engineering Albert Biermann and former Audi designer Peter Schreyer.  It doesn't quite have the refinement of the A5/S5 or the BMW 440i Grand Coupe but its also $10-15k less

image.png.90d59da8f9ca1bfa2fd4765707692072.png

Yeah... and that new Outback/Legacy turbo is a 2.4L and has lots of room for more power if you're into that stuff. The Stinger is a nice... and for the money you wouldn't miss much (if anything at all) over the Audi or BMW. It just has the badge stigma... no different than Hyundai. I actually like that both companies unapologetically take what works from other manufacturers (styling and/or performance) and incorporate it into their products... why wouldn't they? it works and sells. Hell they even the color you grabbed is... just like Audi's Nardo Grey.

24 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Yeah... and that new Outback/Legacy turbo is a 2.4L and has lots of room for more power if you're into that stuff. The Stinger is a nice... and for the money you wouldn't miss much (if anything at all) over the Audi or BMW. It just has the badge stigma... no different than Hyundai. I actually like that both companies unapologetically take what works from other manufacturers (styling and/or performance) and incorporate it into their products... why wouldn't they? it works and sells. Hell they even the color you grabbed is... just like Audi's Nardo Grey.

I think it'll come down to payments and the test drive.  I like the looks of the Outback for a family hauler but I think the Gran Turismo feel of the Stinger might make it a more fun daily.

And I laugh at badge snobs. The Kia dealer will actually badge swap for you before delivery... I think the other badges would help with the unique look of the Stinger as well.  I tinted my Ford Emblems on my Explorer as most of the vehicle is black or dark grey.  

Front

image.thumb.png.378889348288903bb911f21d3911d8c2.png

or 

image.thumb.png.518dbf251d431c14e96edd9c4e54a890.png

Back

image.thumb.png.85ab794df30830bc504c45a7895b3f5c.png

4 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Mine used to be the Subaru Impreza STI, specifically 2012 hatchback

Image result for 2012 subaru wrx sti hatchback

Unfortunately they don't do the hatch anymore so I'll have to find a new dream car.  I'm currently shopping around to upgrade my '09 Impreza Sport to at '19 Impreza Sport

Subaru getting lots of Goalie Love...

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Subaru getting lots of Goalie Love...

Not from this goalie.
Unfortunately, here in Victoria BC, the majority of Subaru drivers are completely oblivious to what is happening on the road.  No brand of vehicle induces more road rage in this town than Subarus.

1 minute ago, Naz said:

Not from this goalie.
Unfortunately, here in Victoria BC, the majority of Subaru drivers are completely oblivious to what is happening on the road.  No brand of vehicle induces more road rage in this town than Subarus.

That's the Audi of Saskatchewan... I think you have to pass an asshole test before you buy

47 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

70's were better

To each their own

001.jpg.4a8e05e636fdbfde50e8d165bb4c4784.jpg

'66

1 hour ago, Mroy31 said:

Mine used to be the Subaru Impreza STI, specifically 2012 hatchback

1704558272_2012STIHatchback.jpg.bb1587e2c3cefd958e1c03a08844e006.jpg

Unfortunately they don't do the hatch anymore so I'll have to find a new dream car.  I'm currently shopping around to upgrade my '09 Impreza Sport to at '19 Impreza Sport

8134a42aae6145ba9f7766b06829e485.jpg.51195c14445f9e2369e0eed2b153cce4.jpg

This hatchback?

39 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

This hatchback?

That's the one I'm currently shopping for, but yeah they don't do an STI/WRX hatch anymore (and I'm not going to import the Levorg from Japan).  Apparently they were an inventory nightmare to have both versions of each model.

1 hour ago, Naz said:

Not from this goalie.

I'd take oblivious Subaru driver over the White Luxury Vehicle army from Richmond.

I currently have a, surprise surprise, 2018 Subaru Impreza hatch.  My second Subaru as I previously had a 2015 Impreza hatch.  Word to the wise, they're severely underpowered.  Great cars, especially in the winters with some Bridgestone Blizzak tires, but man are they missing a bit of torque.  These cars should have the 2.5 that is in the Forester.  I am hoping to jump into the Forester next as the Impreza has become too small with two kids now.  I'm sure I'll be underwhelmed by the output of the 2.5 in the Forester as well but it is what it is.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 9:38 PM, goalieThreeOne said:

Image result for 2020 explorer st

400HP and holds both my hockey bags for Sunday rec league.

Saw a black one the other day... actually looked like a police vehicle being all blacked out... but it's a nice looking SUV. I'm by no means a Ford guy but for the price it's a lot of car that does a lot... and of course can do it quickly!!! ⏩

On 10/21/2019 at 10:46 AM, BadAngle41 said:

Saw a black one the other day... actually looked like a police vehicle being all blacked out... but it's a nice looking SUV. I'm by no means a Ford guy but for the price it's a lot of car that does a lot... and of course can do it quickly!!! ⏩

Fully specc'ed it's right at $60k so it's not that cheap. The Jeep GC Trackhawk adds 300HP for an additional $10-12k more, but that model is so well past its prime I'm having a hard time considering it as an option. 

Archived