Attainable Dream Car

cwarnar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, goalieThreeOne said:

Fully specc'ed it's right at $60k so it's not that cheap. The Jeep GC Trackhawk adds 300HP for an additional $10-12k more, but that model is so well past its prime I'm having a hard time considering it as an option. 

True... the $60k price tag isn't chump change by any means... and yes while the Trackhawk has 707hp... the only place yo'll be racing to is the next gas station. I'm all for high ho fun vehicles... but what the hell do you do w/ 707hp in a Jeep? 

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

True... the $60k price tag isn't chump change by any means... and yes while the Trackhawk has 707hp... the only place yo'll be racing to is the next gas station. I'm all for high ho fun vehicles... but what the hell do you do w/ 707hp in a Jeep? 

Avoid accidents. Seriously. That's why I can't drive a slow car. I think having something with quick acceleration is useful for getting yourself out of sticky situations like getting on and off interstates.

The other factor is that I'm in sales. I often have to drive customer to and from job sites and to lunch or other events. Having 707HP is useful for bragging rights and impressing blue collar tradesmen and distributors.

7 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm not saying anyone can't have fun.  This thread was created with a specific topic in mind.  Someone decided to move from that specific topic.  I don't care that they talk about it, just make a new thread for that.  Its a simple concept.

I now decree this as a post your pictures of any car thread.

I have the most rep, so I get to make the rules.

On 10/23/2019 at 4:16 PM, goalieThreeOne said:

The other factor is that I'm in sales. I often have to drive customer to and from job sites and to lunch or other events. Having 707HP is useful for bragging rights and impressing blue collar tradesmen and distributors.

This is quite true.

On 10/23/2019 at 2:16 PM, BadAngle41 said:

... but what the hell do you do w/ 707hp in a Jeep? 

Go places... quickly.

Could be more nuts. In the day AMC thought putting V8s in CJs was fine. 

cj5-jeep-ad-5.jpg

Then again, judging by the bumper babe, it was a wise move.

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

A buddy on one of my teams put down the 150$ deposit on one.

We've already given him shit about it in the group chat.

The whole busted window forced Tesla stock to drop $3 billion from Musk's fortune.  I sincerely hope he's trolling everyone with that thing

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

A buddy on one of my teams put down the 150$ deposit on one.

We've already given him shit about it in the group chat.

A contractor buddy pulled the trigger on a deposit too... I wonder if he just might be that much of a troll, though...

5 hours ago, cwarnar said:

The whole busted window forced Tesla stock to drop $3 billion from Musk's fortune.  I sincerely hope he's trolling everyone with that thing

straight out of Blade Runner or Total Recall. Can’t be serious with that design.

I’m sure the production model’s performance will be as advertised but the design is comical imo.

Archived