Ultra Sonic - Bauer Supreme 2020 Line

TheGoalNet

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is on this topic exactly, but you guys seem well versed in Bauer gear. I recently picked up a slightly used set of the Bauer 3S pads to try out. I got them the other day and noticed the inner vertical lacing is 'cut' near the toe. I was able to tie it off, I'm just wondering if this is going to be a huge issue, or if I'm worried for little or nothing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Lacing.jpg.b2e28d9c915cecbc382f8ed2525679a3.jpg

1 hour ago, goalie381 said:

Not sure if this is on this topic exactly, but you guys seem well versed in Bauer gear. I recently picked up a slightly used set of the Bauer 3S pads to try out. I got them the other day and noticed the inner vertical lacing is 'cut' near the toe. I was able to tie it off, I'm just wondering if this is going to be a huge issue, or if I'm worried for little or nothing. Any advice would be appreciated.

As long as the lace doesnt get further undone from there, I couldn't imagine it being a large issue

On 10/15/2020 at 11:52 AM, goalie381 said:

a tight knot should hold them in place and I don't think your pad will fall apart

On 10/15/2020 at 1:29 PM, Max27 said:

As long as the lace doesnt get further undone from there, I couldn't imagine it being a large issue

20 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

a tight knot should hold them in place and I don't think your pad will fall apart

Great, thanks for the reassurance.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I may be looking into things to closely, but there is enough tweaks I think these are Demo hypercomps. Slight differences in the outer calf wraps molded graphic and professor strap. I believe these are demos of the Vapor replacement (Hypercomp). Slight changes in the Velcro straps? Looks like you can play around with them a little more. 

A96EC2A6-0106-42FD-A234-EA3AA9AB1E38.jpeg

E6BD2526-9D88-4420-B455-AC211303917A.jpeg

28568F08-D406-46C7-BF3B-46FE34479BDB.jpeg

Edited by RedX
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RedX said:

I may be looking into things to closely, but there is enough tweaks I think these are Demo hypercomps. Slight differences in the outer calf wraps molded graphic and professor strap. I believe these are demos of the Vapor replacement (Hypercomp). Slight changes in the Velcro straps? Looks like you can play around with them a little more. 

A96EC2A6-0106-42FD-A234-EA3AA9AB1E38.jpeg

E6BD2526-9D88-4420-B455-AC211303917A.jpeg

28568F08-D406-46C7-BF3B-46FE34479BDB.jpeg

hyperlite* but I think those are ultrasonic pads. cant speak on gloves. but the vapor line wont have the stabilslide knee block

3 hours ago, Max27 said:

hyperlite* but I think those are ultrasonic pads. cant speak on gloves. but the vapor line wont have the stabilslide knee block

I was hoping it wouldn’t have the new knee block but unfortunately it appears it does. Note how thin the boot is on the outside of the pad and he’s right the calf wrap is slightly different in numerous ways

1 hour ago, holdUP said:

For what it's worth in that picture it still says Vapor down the side of the pad

Yeah they’re all 2X graphic. However, there are a lot of tweaks that aren’t on the standard 2X Pro (which I own). The blocker has the ultrasonic palm and cuff, but with the 2X sidewall. I’m fairly certain this is not a custom option. I know regardless of what graphic you needed to order the Ultrasonic blocker (sidewall and board included) to get the new palm and cuff. This seems to be a hybrid.  

They’re small details but something Is different. The molding on the lower calf wrap just below the straps is different then the Ultrasonic and 2X pro. Maybe I’m looking too hard but the molding is similar to molded graphic on the front. 
The Tune Fit straps seem to loop back and Velcro to themselves. And the professor strap uses similar loop back Velcro instead of the clip that comes on the UltraSonic set. 

3424A01C-80D5-47A1-996C-05EE3378561B.jpeg

Edited by RedX
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

What stands out most to me personally is the fact that it says vapor on the cuff of the blocker

image.jpeg.ef8f63815d6be8285e4daa5fefcac1a9.jpeg

Perhaps I’m grasping at straws. But the UltraSonic still has the Supreme branding on it. 

The Hyperlite could still carry the Vapor branding as well. 

2 hours ago, RedX said:

Perhaps I’m grasping at straws. But the UltraSonic still has the Supreme branding on it. 

The Hyperlite could still carry the Vapor branding as well. 

You’re not stretching anything. The 2020 pad was the “Bauer Supreme Ultrasonic” so it would make sense that 2021 is “Bauer Vapor Hyperlite”

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Look at you acting like you don't know what it's going to be called.

I'm onto you.

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

If it doesn’t say this on the pad I will be extremely disappointed

I have not seen a picture of this gear yet, it shouldn't have been leaked, and I know nothing about it..

• Haha 1