Ultra Sonic - Bauer Supreme 2020 Line

TheGoalNet

On 3/27/2020 at 11:52 AM, CJ Boiss said:

They also have the non-Pro customizer, if you want senior-level Bauer pads that don't look like crap. Though they'll charge you through the nose for it, and you'll probably end up spending as much as you would for custom Pro pads from another manufacturer.

Only if you're willing to shell out a bunch of extra cash. Over 3K USD for a set of Vapor 2X Pro with custom graphics (over $4300 CAD right now). I could get a custom set of Warrior gear and save a thousand bucks. Custom sets from Mckenney and Passau are ~$2500 CAD.

And honestly? I have serious doubts about the durability of Bauer gear these days. Four grand just to get a custom graphic on some pads that will probably last me half as long as a set from Warrior, Mckenney, or Passau? Not a chance.

Yo, if you're just here to throw shade at Bauer, feel free to not come back to this thread. Never understand why people feel the compulsion to just come in some where and s*** in everyone's cereal just because they like one multi-million dollar corporation more than another. 

I happen to think Warrior's look like big Fisher Price toys for children, but I don't go in the Warrior threads and start trashing other people choices for no good reason. Go on enjoy yourself somewhere else instead of coming here to get riled up on purpose.

1 hour ago, goalieThreeOne said:

Yo, if you're just here to throw shade at Bauer, feel free to not come back to this thread. Never understand why people feel the compulsion to just come in some where and s*** in everyone's cereal just because they like one multi-million dollar corporation more than another. 

I happen to think Warrior's look like big Fisher Price toys for children, but I don't go in the Warrior threads and start trashing other people choices for no good reason. Go on enjoy yourself somewhere else instead of coming here to get riled up on purpose.

If Bauer didn't half-ass their stock graphic option, and then charge people through the nose to get a custom print, I wouldn't have anything bad to say about their looks. But they did, and they are, so yeah, I'm going to call it like I see it.

I'm not trashing anyone's decision to get Bauer gear - your money, do what you want with it, no judgement here - but I'm not going to pretend like Bauer is being oh so munificent for giving everyone three whole colour zones with a digitally printed pad graphic that could have had literally hundreds with little to no effort on Bauer's part. Hell, they could have four, or five, or ten different stock graphics for people to choose from; legacy graphics, NHL graphics, the options are nearly endless.

But, no, all they're giving customers is three colour zones, and if you want anything else you better pony up.

It's corporate greed, plain and simple, and I'm not going to praise it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goalieThreeOne said:

I have to say he's raising some valid points.  Maybe take off the rose colored glasses and accept that Bauer isn't perfect.  You have to admit that it would be nice to have a more dynamic graphic to play with during the downtime we've got at the moment!

16 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I have to say he's raising some valid points.  Maybe take off the rose colored glasses and accept that Bauer isn't perfect.  You have to admit that it would be nice to have a more dynamic graphic to play with during the downtime we've got at the moment!

I think the price point and durability arguments are hyperbole though.

Anyone can have a bad experience with durability of any brand. It just takes a one off set to go south to sour someone. Like someone else mentioned earlier, the durability issues have been put to bed since 2SPro. 

Using the USD/CAD exchange to say that a custom Bauer set costs over $4k doesn't make sense. Don't buy from the US if you're in Canada, CAD retail is only ever a couple hundred at most more than the USD retail if you buy from a Canadian dealer. 

The graphic is lacking, but arguing that it's to drive everyone to the custom route is a bit of a stretch. 

They're not perfect by any means, but there's a middle ground between Perfect All The Time and Shit Quality Greedy Fat Cats

• Thanks 1

I love warrior but the new bauer pads look pretty interesting with the new knee stack and calf plate. Personally I don’t like any stock graphics on the market right now so I stick to my padskinz. If you’re picking pads solely based on the graphic I don’t know what to tell you. Since I first started learning about goalie gear I’ve never picked something for the graphic over the feel.  If you wanna complain about stock graphics but like the pad then buy the all white ones and do it yourself like I did. 
I believe every brand has its faults, CCM has speedskin (which sounds like it’s been improved on axis), Bauer has their reputation from 1s and 1x, Warrior has an odd feel and underwhelming graphics, and Vaughn is a little outdated. 
No brand is perfect and everyone has their preferences

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hockey3081 said:

I’m hoping I didn’t miss it - what’s the upcharge for pro custom and true design?  Does True Design include the PC options?

Don't know if pricing will change with Ultrasonic, but I believe it was +100 for leg pads, +50 for catcher and +50 for blocker for Pro Custom options.

I think True Design was +500.

I can't say if True Design includes Pro Custom options. I think True Design is just the graphic, but I would contact a store if you're interested.

5 hours ago, lil_mcnugget said:

How do I order everything ultrasonic graphic with only the glove changed to 2x construction. The pro custom option only lets you change the whole setup construction but i'm looking to only change the glove 

Have to order through a dealer/store in order to have that done. 

1 hour ago, netminder said:

Has there been leaked pics or info on the newest Bauer goal skate line? 3S? 3Sonic

There was a picture of the new 3s goalie stick online through Instagram, one of the pro goalie posted it. 3s gear wise I haven't heard or seen anything.  Possibility 3s gear could be the level below the ultra sonic line the same way the 2x pro line, has the straight 2x line below it.

EPe0jQpWoAMot0z.jpg

1 hour ago, Snowman30 said:

There was a picture of the new 3s goalie stick online through Instagram, one of the pro goalie posted it. 3s gear wise I haven't heard or seen anything.  Possibility 3s gear could be the level below the ultra sonic line the same way the 2x pro line, has the straight 2x line below it.

EPe0jQpWoAMot0z.jpg

That's a big design improvement on the Lundy loop.

Currently wearing x700 pads that I bought used by a guy for a summer. I have been using them between 1-7 times a week, since october,  with the average being closer to 3-4 times a week. I have not had a single issue with durability. They maybe have gotten just a touch softer but nothing has ripped, tore, or any other problems, except a little rubbing of the upper inside corner from resting my glove and blocker on them. For the lowest level pad I am very pleased with the quality. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2020 at 9:43 AM, lil_mcnugget said:

How do I order everything ultrasonic graphic with only the glove changed to 2x construction. The pro custom option only lets you change the whole setup construction but i'm looking to only change the glove 

You have to klick just the glove wen you are done. I dit the same thing. You will get a code for the blocker and pads and a other code for the glove. Thats how i dit it

Screenshot_20200413-192551_Photo Editor.jpg

Edited by Vogilny#25

26 minutes ago, Vogilny#25 said:

I will order a set but... i wear ccm premier 2 34+2 right now. Is it better to order a L set (35+1) or a medium set (34+1)? Has someone a ccm premier pad and a bauer pad to see the sizing? 

I had CCM Premier II in 34+2 and it was a bit big for me, now I have Bauer 2S in Medium and it fit perfectly. For you I recommend Large in Bauer

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Is it just me or does this thing look like a padded sweatshirt?

BAC396B9-31CE-434A-8458-1AFA11577AA7.jpeg.f14e992f8d909dc019a8eb8b077c452c.jpeg

The ties at the bottom of the shoulder floaters (I assume they are to fasten it to your pants if you tuck without some type of homemade system) remind me of the "pull the tab to inflate your life vest" when you're on a plane.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Based on how skinny the arms look, I'd guess this follows the new NHL spec.

Interesting that they got rid of the crease at the center of the elbow floater.  I don't think I've ever taken a bad one there.

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

BAC396B9-31CE-434A-8458-1AFA11577AA7.jpeg.f14e992f8d909dc019a8eb8b077c452c.jpeg

Isn't that really what a C/A is when you distill it down? lol

3 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Based on how skinny the arms look, I'd guess this follows the new NHL spec.

Interesting that they got rid of the crease at the center of the elbow floater.  I don't think I've ever taken a bad one there.

I definitely have and it really sucks.

12 hours ago, Teezle said:

The ties at the bottom of the shoulder floaters (I assume they are to fasten it to your pants if you tuck without some type of homemade system) remind me of the "pull the tab to inflate your life vest" when you're on a plane.

If you watch closely you can see a second set of strings, which will help you attach something😉