AS1 Reviews?

20 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Anyone have any first hand experience with the CCM AS1's?

I'm potentially looking at new skates in the next few weeks and want to see what people think of them.

For reference, I'm coming from a pair of 4 year old CCM 44k's.

Any plans to head to THS and get your feet scanned to see what the CCM data recommends for you?  I'm just curious if you'd be better off in the FT2 vs AS1

Just now, cwarnar said:

Any plans to head to THS and get your feet scanned to see what the CCM data recommends for you?  I'm just curious if you'd be better off in the FT2 vs 

Posted in the show of your gear thread already. 

Got the previous tacks for $250cad. Left overs from the fire sale. My feet still don't fit bauers and the FT2 were just a tad narrow. 

20191004_210635.jpg

Phenomenal skates. I have been playing for over 20 years, so I am not at a point where I am ready to completely ditch the cowling. 

I’ve had Graf 750 and more recently, CCM U+ pro. I bought another pair of Graf bc I was ready to go back and then I fell into an offer for AS1 I could not pass up. I’ve since sold the extra Graf I had...AS1 are that damn good. 

I truly love these skates. They were broken in and ready to go after one bake (tied at 75% of tightness during). I replaced the insoles with my insoles of choice (before baking). I’d say the insoles they come with are not very good compared to the custom fit CCM ones. 

They fit as if they were made for me. I knew they’d fit bc I was skating U+ beforehand but at the level at which they molded and all the support they provide in the right places, I was surprised about. Construction seems perfect.  I normally replace the blades with Step but even these coated ones have been good so far (I play around 2x a week and have had these since early summer). 

I would not hesitate to buy these if you can get them below the going rate. If you are ready to spend True money, I’d Go CCM way before that. If you’re on a budget, I’d consider the prior Tacks but AS1 are one piece carbon construction so the Tacks might be ever so slightly different. 

10/10 for me after new footbeds (go to store and stand on the machine if they have one)

On 10/6/2019 at 6:43 AM, Taco said:

Phenomenal skates. I have been playing for over 20 years, so I am not at a point where I am ready to completely ditch the cowling. 

I’ve had Graf 750 and more recently, CCM U+ pro. I bought another pair of Graf bc I was ready to go back and then I fell into an offer for AS1 I could not pass up. I’ve since sold the extra Graf I had...AS1 are that damn good. 

I truly love these skates. They were broken in and ready to go after one bake (tied at 75% of tightness during). I replaced the insoles with my insoles of choice (before baking). I’d say the insoles they come with are not very good compared to the custom fit CCM ones. 

They fit as if they were made for me. I knew they’d fit bc I was skating U+ beforehand but at the level at which they molded and all the support they provide in the right places, I was surprised about. Construction seems perfect.  I normally replace the blades with Step but even these coated ones have been good so far (I play around 2x a week and have had these since early summer). 

I would not hesitate to buy these if you can get them below the going rate. If you are ready to spend True money, I’d Go CCM way before that. If you’re on a budget, I’d consider the prior Tacks but AS1 are one piece carbon construction so the Tacks might be ever so slightly different. 

10/10 for me after new footbeds (go to store and stand on the machine if they have one)

I'm the opposite.  I've been playing for close to 30 years and I am dying to ditch the cowling but I just cannot get into these stiff composite boots in order to do so.  So disappointed. 

18 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm the opposite.  I've been playing for close to 30 years and I am dying to ditch the cowling but I just cannot get into these stiff composite boots in order to do so.  So disappointed. 

Have you skated in any stiffer boots? Or just tried them on in store?

Archived