Imperative 2019-2020 Season

Imperative

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am a little behind editing games, here is an away game that resulting in a win after a personal 0-4-1 stretch back in the win column. I played decent in this game, played in a 2/3 regulation size rink. It takes a little bit of an adjustment orientating yourself one a rink that much narrower.  

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, creasecollector said:

Gotta love those 10-9 wins. Love watching you play. Your footwork is really good. 

10-9 wins don’t totally feel like a great win, haha. My camera died before the end but I had a “butter-stack” in the final minutes to preserve the barn burning win, haha. Thanks for the compliment I grew up playing much more stand up style and am trying to learn modern goaltending as an old beer leaguer haha. 

16 minutes ago, Imperative said:

10-9 wins don’t totally feel like a great win, haha. My camera died before the end but I had a “butter-stack” in the final minutes to preserve the barn burning win, haha. Thanks for the compliment I grew up playing much more stand up style and am trying to learn modern goaltending as an old beer leaguer haha. 

Oh I know, haha. Your modern game looks great. 

13 hours ago, Imperative said:

@Imperative I love watching your videos. I feel like your size and strength are similar to mine, but you are waaaay more effective, particularly on your scrambling plays. Watching your save selections, etc gives me a lot of ideas to try/consider in practice (not that I can do all of them...). For example, watching your vids made me incorporate VH into my post play a lot more and I’m feeling like given my strength/flexibility it works a lot better for me. I try to reserve RVH for emergency recoveries and wrap-around, although it’s a hard habit to break. 

Re: this most recent game, you played great. All of the goals were excellent passing plays by the opposing teams or snipes, as far as I could tell. You also clearly got hung out to dry by your D a few times. Great job hanging in there and getting the win. 

Thanks! I am glad watching me has helped with your own game. From your comments I am guessing you are around 5’8” as well, I find the VH is a pretty effective play on those real sharp angle plays when the shooter doesn’t have room to cut across the front of the net and doesn’t have a good passing option and being short I know there is room at the top of the net so I staying in a VH with the glove up takes away that space. 

On 2/8/2020 at 12:33 PM, Fullright said:

Havent been able to keep up under my circumstances; you look good, Cam, even if you aren't always getting the results. More growth to your already pretty awesome game.

Thanks Joe! I have been battling through some injuries of late. In the last game my SI joint on my left side was just killing me so I took a couple games off and then I sprained my knee snowboarding last weekend and played yesterday for the first time since the 21st. My SI is good but my knee is not, I was tentative and certain movements were causing pain and discomfort 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, dstew29 said:

Nice crease movement! Looking good. What skates are you using these days? Are those Bauer or CCM?

PS - I’m a fan of the front facing camera angle! Good looking all white Vaughn’s too!!

I am in true two piece skates with the 4mm step steel in the step holders. They are a great skate, feel good on my feet, good attack angle to the ice. 

On 2/24/2020 at 9:58 AM, Fullright said:

Hoping you're just experiencing a scheduling lull and not posting because of injury.

No Joe I have been out with my knee and I was out of the country for a week. The knee feels fine in day to day movement, I have even ran a few times and that doesn’t bother it. Just lateral goalie movement causes some pain and discomfort. I am back tonight with my first game in a few weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived