Warrior G4 Pro Blocker: serious contender for the best blocker ever

bunnyman666

I am a blocker guy. I love a variety of them. I love trying new blockers. A blocker is not a blocker for me; but I also know you can move down a grade and have great performance at the expense of durability. 

I famously love Factory Mad. I love some features that you just can get on any other line. The replaceable nose piece is great. I don’t have to put padskinz there to prevent the materials from wearing through from paddle down.

But the Warrior is a fine blocker, as well. Shots pop off the face. The removable/replaceable/repositionable palm is my favourite feature.  The shortcoming is that I did get a weird stinger at the tip of my thumb. I did not even have to shake it off, and it could easily be a fluke. 

Now- if I could get the palm features of the Warrior in horse hide, the replaceable nose of the Factory and the pop of the Warrior in one unit, it would be the ultimate blocker. I also do prefer the lack of nylon on Factory blocker. Factory uses nylon more sparingly than almost everyone else on both gloves and blocks. I do fear that the nylon used on the palm side of blockers will contribute to premature wear. But the nylon keeps it lighter. 

The fact I was able to get the Warrior at a price reduction over the major players and it was custom colours in the matter of weeks, rather than months, this puts Warrior at the top of my list for blockers. Add to that you can get last year’s pro blocker at senior prices with the Senior line, you can get a very nice block without sacrificing much. 

9B23E6E6-5B62-4957-A152-051AB0750EED.jpeg

A3531216-5380-4DDD-B009-BAEE588C3F1B.jpeg

ACA34DC9-33B3-41C2-B782-91AC9D49A628.jpeg

The plastic part of the blocker board on my G3 broke in half after less than a year of use at 2-3 ice time per week - hopefully the durability of the G4 is better for you. I also found that the molded finger protection, while probably being the best protection-wise, got in the way of the stick when going paddle down and caused a pretty large gap between the paddle of the stick and the ice; the shape of the finger protection seems to be unchanged from the G3 to the G4.

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

The plastic part of the blocker board on my G3 broke in half after less than a year of use at 2-3 ice time per week - hopefully the durability of the G4 is better for you. I also found that the molded finger protection, while probably being the best protection-wise, got in the way of the stick when going paddle down and caused a pretty large gap between the paddle of the stick and the ice; the shape of the finger protection seems to be unchanged from the G3 to the G4.

I did not notice the gap, but I shape my paddle for optimal play in paddle down.

The blocker plastic has changed, but I have a contingency: lexan.

Thanks for your input.

Archived