Best Pants for goalies who don't tuck in their C&A

Peter36

I do not tuck and wear Vaughn SLR pants, which are great because they have an internal belt system that allows you to get them nice and snug.

I find they work great for not tucking my C&A. Some pants are shaped liked barrels but the SLR pants are not, they contour to the body nicely. 

12 hours ago, seagoal said:

I do not tuck and wear Vaughn SLR pants, which are great because they have an internal belt system that allows you to get them nice and snug.

I find they work great for not tucking my C&A. Some pants are shaped liked barrels but the SLR pants are not, they contour to the body nicely. 

I use the LT88's and can attest to this. Great tapered fit that allows you to remain untucked. 

The LT88 doesn't have an internal belt though, which is fine, I use suspenders regardless. 

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

+1 for the SLRs. I had them for a while then recently got SLR2s which are essentially the same. I don’t tuck or use suspenders so they’re perfect for me

Ditto.  Forgot to mention that.  I don't use suspenders either. 

13 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ditto.  Forgot to mention that.  I don't use suspenders either. 

Just to add some well-roundedness to the SLRs, I actually tuck and use suspenders and love the SLRs, AND I agree with everyone else's assessment of them being contoured and snug fitting if you don't tuck.

Vaughn pants in general I find fit really well around the waist and are mostly designed to do so.

I had the Shield II's and got the wrong size, per size chart I fit the Mediums but the Smalls would of made so much more sense for not tucking. I've recently switched to the Premier Pro's which I've tucked & worn out. Very little issues with wearing it out, been fighting with some things when wearing it tucked but I think I just need to find the right tie-down/suspender combo. 

I loved the freedom of wearing my C/A out but hated how it popped up in my face when against the post, one leg down/one leg up it pushes into my mask - any suggestions?

Pro Return CCM HPG13A in Fit1 for me... also an untucker... and they're great. I wear them pretty tight... attached my C/A via looped fighting strap...  and have suspenders under my C/A and don't have any issues w/ the C/A getting caught on them.

If I had to get a new pair today I'd go with the VE8 Pro Carbon... good taper at the top. No need for internal belt to wear them loose and allow for space to tuck in... and as much as I do like my CCMs... I'd have to say that in general Vaughn pants tend to hold up better than CCM.

I have the VE8 pants and like them a lot. I don't tuck in my chest protector, and I keep the pants up with suspenders that go underneath it. Good protection and good mobility, while still presenting a large blocking surface to the shooter.

6 hours ago, seagoal said:

No idea.  I've never worn CCM pants. I wear a Medium Vaughn, I'm 5'10 165 pounds.

What size waist are you in normal pants? This is Vaughns size chart from GM, add 8-10" for your real "goalie pant size". The CCM size chart doesnt have the same disclaimer so maybe CCM measures directly for your waist and Vaughn expects you to add the 8-10". 

SR XS
  32" - 34"
  SR S
  36" - 38"
  SR M
  40" - 42"
  SR L
  44" - 46"
  SR XL
  48" - 50"
  SR XXL
  52" - 54"

25 minutes ago, litt said:

What size waist are you in normal pants? This is Vaughns size chart from GM, add 8-10" for your real "goalie pant size". The CCM size chart doesnt have the same disclaimer so maybe CCM measures directly for your waist and Vaughn expects you to add the 8-10". 

SR XS
  32" - 34"
  SR S
  36" - 38"
  SR M
  40" - 42"
  SR L
  44" - 46"
  SR XL
  48" - 50"
  SR XXL
  52" - 54"

My normal pants are 31 or 32 depending on brand/style.

I’ve been planning to get a pair of Warrior X2s since I don’t tuck and want something a bit more form fitting but this thread has me wondering if I should try the Vaughn’s. I’m all Warrior otherwise and love my X2 Pro+ knee pads so figured I’d try the small X2 pants. 

I’m sized for a medium by Warriors measurements 31-32” waist 18” thigh but wondered if going with a small X2 would give a bit more motion for the large knee pads. @Kirk3190 thoughts? 

I wear suspenders (under my chesty) right now but want to ditch them if I had a pant that fit tight internally. 

I've always worn my CA outside the pants with suspenders over the CA. I just got some Warrior Ritual X pants with internal belt, and they are fking awesome. Don't notice them at all, and due to the internal belt, I don't have to wear suspenders over my CA anymore, which is great because I don't have this weight pulling my CA down, and I feel more "free"...it's like taking your underwear off and  "going commando" 😀.  When did pants start having the internal belts? I wish I would have stumbled across this sooner...

11 hours ago, benner33 said:

I’ve been planning to get a pair of Warrior X2s since I don’t tuck and want something a bit more form fitting but this thread has me wondering if I should try the Vaughn’s. I’m all Warrior otherwise and love my X2 Pro+ knee pads so figured I’d try the small X2 pants. 

I’m sized for a medium by Warriors measurements 31-32” waist 18” thigh but wondered if going with a small X2 would give a bit more motion for the large knee pads. @Kirk3190 thoughts? 

I wear suspenders (under my chesty) right now but want to ditch them if I had a pant that fit tight internally. 

In regards to more motion for the knee pads I don't see going down to a small having an impact on that.  It might reduce some interference with the leg pads when you're in the butterfly.  

11 hours ago, benner33 said:

If it's any consolation, I'm in Warrior everything but am still using my Vaughn pants. Mostly due to not wanting to change but I've had zero issues with the interaction of the gear with my warrior c/a, jock, leg pads and knee pads.

13 hours ago, litt said:

SR XS
  32" - 34"
  SR S
  36" - 38"
  SR M
  40" - 42"
  SR L
  44" - 46"
  SR XL
  48" - 50"
  SR XXL
  52" - 54"

I've found both Vaughn and CCM retail pants to be run large in their newest models. I was a medium in Warrior/Brians and when I got new pants this year both the Vaughn and CCM small fit best (medium was way big on me).

• 9 months later...

Archived