Gnetik 4 vs optik 2

Jonathon v

So my optik 1 glove with a single T is huge when I present it but when I make both boa straps as tight as I can it doesn’t fully close. I have heard nothing but good about the gnetik 4. I want to get it for my next glove, but it doesn’t look to present nearly as big as the optik 1. Do you guys think I should get gnetik 4 or optik 2?

edit: I had a gnetik 8.0 int. glove before my optik. I feel like I caught more pucks, but that could be because I was 13-14 and shots were slower 

8 minutes ago, Jonathon v said:

So my optik 1 glove with a single T is huge when I present it but when I make both boa straps as tight as I can it doesn’t fully close. I have heard nothing but good about the gnetik 4. I want to get it for my next glove, but it doesn’t look to present nearly as big as the optik 1. Do you guys think I should get gnetik 4 or optik 2?

edit: I had a gnetik 8.0 int. glove before my optik. I feel like I caught more pucks, but that could be because I was 13-14 and shots were slower 

Optik 1 was sort of Brian's "next gen" break in process. 

GNetik IV was "Next gen 2.0" and they tweaked the glove assembled to make it better.

Optik 2 utilizes the "Next gen 2.0" assembly technique, but is Optik break

I would just wait for Optik 2 if you want GNetik IV quality break in / closure and the Optik break

50 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Optik 1 was sort of Brian's "next gen" break in process. 

GNetik IV was "Next gen 2.0" and they tweaked the glove assembled to make it better.

Optik 2 utilizes the "Next gen 2.0" assembly technique, but is Optik break

I would just wait for Optik 2 if you want GNetik IV quality break in / closure and the Optik break

Is gnetik 8.0 and 4 the same break? I think I could adjust to the gnetik 4 break, I have issues with not catching just saving shots with my optik 

Not 100% what you're asking, but I had SZ2 glove and just moved to Gnetik IV and they are night and day! This is hands down the best glove I have ever used...pucks are gobbled up and never come out. Perfectly broken in right outta the box and even when I crank the BOA down, it's still performs the same way.

I had a Gnetik IV glove and loved it... briefly had an Optik 1 and it felt a lot roomier on the inside for whatever reason compared to the Gnetik. Can't recall a huge difference in the break between the two.  May get an Optik 2 set and will have to decide between Optik 2 glove or get a Gnetik IV glove skinned as Optik.

I have a GNetik IV glove with an anchor T, pro palm, extra time in the break in machine. Best closure out of the box of any glove I’ve owned. I’ve found that tightening the BOA straps all the way does affect the closure, I need to keep the wrist strap a bit loose to get that great closure/snap feel. Can’t say enough good things about this glove, it swallows up more pucks than any other glove I’ve owned. 

53 minutes ago, Doc1200 said:

I have a GNetik IV glove with an anchor T, pro palm, extra time in the break in machine. Best closure out of the box of any glove I’ve owned. I’ve found that tightening the BOA straps all the way does affect the closure, I need to keep the wrist strap a bit loose to get that great closure/snap feel. Can’t say enough good things about this glove, it swallows up more pucks than any other glove I’ve owned. 

Does it feel a bit small in terms of presentation?

1 hour ago, Telfo said:

I had a Gnetik IV glove and loved it... briefly had an Optik 1 and it felt a lot roomier on the inside for whatever reason compared to the Gnetik. Can't recall a huge difference in the break between the two.  May get an Optik 2 set and will have to device between Optik 2 glove or get a Gnetik IV glove skinned as Optik.

You mean it presented way bigger? Did you save And or catch  more pucks with the optik or gnetik?

1 hour ago, Jonathon v said:

You mean it presented way bigger? Did you save And or catch  more pucks with the optik or gnetik?

Why are you focused on the way the glove presents?  The days of the massive pancake gloves are over, the sizing restrictions all gloves will look very similar, unless its a more pocket focused glove (RGT2 comes to mind) but a lot has to do with your stance and technique.  I know that I've moved to the fingers up position and trying a present the full glove to the shooter.

Plus a double tee will make the glove and pocket appear larger over a single tee.

I can say that I love the feeling as well.  I'm currently flirting with the Brian's lines for a custom order myself and am hoping to get an Optik 2 on my hand soon.  But I will say, as have many, that the Gnetik IV is the best glove that Brians has made to date.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:04 PM, Jonathon v said:

Does it feel a bit small in terms of presentation?

I don’t think so, the anchor T might look a little smaller to the shooter but I’m not noticing that guys are trying to beat me more to the glove hand than when I wore a double T. I am able to make easier glove saves and have way less pop-outs with my Brians glove. 

1 hour ago, Doc1200 said:

I don’t think so, the anchor T might look a little smaller to the shooter but I’m not noticing that guys are trying to beat me more to the glove hand than when I wore a double T. I am able to make easier glove saves and have way less pop-outs with my Brians glove. 

Alright thanks

Archived