Looking for a new helmet

8 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

(for what it's worth, Kaskisuo, Copely, and Subban have all worn Coveted)

My Coveted is fantastic, and Ron was really easy to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. But if you're budgeting around $500, you'll get a better mask from ProtechSport.

(also, I think something is off with Coveted's website right now. Pages for certain helmet models aren't accessible through the site, though I was still able to find them with a google search)

I don't think anyone is doubting that Coveted is growing, but they are a distance 4th.

Assuming there is a True by Lefevre mask and a separate CCM mask... They will be 5th soon. They will play in the small niche that Sportmask and Warwick are filling.

38 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I don't think anyone is doubting that Coveted is growing, but they are a distance 4th.

Assuming there is a True by Lefevre mask and a separate CCM mask... They will be 5th soon. They will play in the small niche that Sportmask and Warwick are filling.

What is the current market for masks nowadays anyways?

Bauer
CCM
Otny
Coveted
Protech
Sportsmask
Warrior
True

Am I missing any?

20 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Warwick and Defender are the same thing basically as well as Otny and mask marvel are the same exact masks just with different stickers

Defender offers plastic infused shells, I believe that's pretty unique. He has molds and does his own shells in house. That's not the same as Warwick at all.

I also think that OTNY might build the Warwick shells too? Not sure if Warwick has that capability in house or not

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Defender offers plastic infused shells, I believe that's pretty unique. He has molds and does his own shells in house. That's not the same as Warwick at all.

I also think that OTNY might build the Warwick shells too? Not sure if Warwick has that capability in house or not

Chad says he fabs his shells in-house, but I've never seen the equipment needed to do so in any of his social media.

Pretty sure Warwick is made by Fusion.  Fusion was the contracted manufacturer for the Itech 960/961 and 9600/9601 series.
They were last seen at retail with a line of masks through Simmons back in the early to mid 00s, timeline might be off.
I don't think Wawrick has fabbed a mask in-house since the 00s.

Most of the "boutique" brands we see out there are sourcing their shells from Otny or Fusion. 
The brands will source raw shells and do the finishing (sanding, clear coat, hardware, padding). 
They make their margin on the prep work to get the mask retail ready
Cages for these boutique brands are almost exclusively OTNY.

1 hour ago, netminder said:

What source is this? Not much info here, no league mention, no year mentioned. Are these your mens league %'s? Who wears Vaughn that much? Im going to guess its a defunct data site from 2001.

GearGeek.com

Pro's Choice masks are Vaughn branded.  They've got a nice stable of guys including Rask and Quick.

Not sure when the mask segment was updated, but the pads/gloves/blocker segment shows Lefevre separately from CCM, so they must have run some tallies for 2019-2020.

Either way, Coveted is nowhere near the "#3 mask" in the NHL...they'd need more than 11 or more guys to take over CCM's spot.
It's not a subject I'm following too closely but the only full time NHL guy I can think of is Malcolm Subban.
Warwick is probably Miller in Anaheim.
Not sure who's in Sportmask.

image.thumb.png.d26dcfb452a07d8eaceca06da4841015.png

image.png

10 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Sorry I said that wrong, defender is owned and operated by Gary Warwicks son. They split after a falling out and the son started defender

19 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

What is the current market for masks nowadays anyways?

Bauer
CCM
Otny
Coveted
Protech
Sportsmask
Warrior
True

Am I missing any?

Vaughn offers retail masks. And then of course there's the "pro" Vaughn masks by Pro's Choice.

Archived