Warrior Goal Pant Sizing

estogoalie

Can someone educate me on Warrior goal pant sizing? I'm about 5'11 and wear jeans with a 32" waist. I've always bought Medium goal pants, regardless the manufacturer. I just bought some Warrior Ritual X pants in Medium, but they are looking a little small to me, especially in terms of the front blocking surface compared to my current/old TPS pants. I was also trying on some CCM pants (Premier and Eflex) in the store last week, and the Medium looked kinda small to me with those as well. The Large looked more appropriate for me. As far as actual fit goes, both were fine, because with the internal belt, you can get a good fit with any size (GoalieMonkey shows all pants S-to-XL to fit 30-38" waist). So then what is the real difference with the size? The length of the pant, or overall blocking surface? Don't get me wrong, I was never a Garth Snow oversized type guy, even in the 90's/00's when it was the fashion. I like equipment to fit properly, and prefer mobility over extra size. But the Warrior (and CCM) just look kinda small to me, and I'm very confused because I've been wearing Medium for like 30 years…

warrior pants.JPG

warrior pants2.JPG

Warrior Ritual breezer sizing is based on inseam, not waist size. XL has a larger waist and inseam. So a small fits the waist the same way as a large with the internal belt. These are possibly the best beer leaguer breezers ever. Definitely not NHL legal. Warrior’s NHL goal breezers are decidedly different, sized more like conventional goalie breezers. 

Mine  have a bit of plastic that digs into my side strangely. But that could just need breaking in. I am still rocking my heavily modded Vaughn LT 80 breezers as a result. 

10 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Warrior Ritual breezer sizing is based on inseam, not waist size. XL has a larger waist and inseam. So a small fits the waist the same way as a large with the internal belt. These are possibly the best beer leaguer breezers ever. Definitely not NHL legal. Warrior’s NHL goal breezers are decidedly different, sized more like conventional goalie breezers. 

Mine  have a bit of plastic that digs into my side strangely. But that could just need breaking in. I am still rocking my heavily modded Vaughn LT 80 breezers as a result. 

I measured the front blocking section of my Medium Ritual pants, and was surprised they measured the same as my old TPS pants (about 11" wide and 10" long). Not that it matters for me, but are these NHL legal right now? (They keep shrinking gear every year, I can't keep up anymore)

29 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

I measured the front blocking section of my Medium Ritual pants, and was surprised they measured the same as my old TPS pants (about 11" wide and 10" long). Not that it matters for me, but are these NHL legal right now? (They keep shrinking gear every year, I can't keep up anymore)

Most likely not due to them not being made for specific waist sizes. Uncertain about the blocking area being NHL legal. I am uncertain what all NHL breezers sizing regs entail. 

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Warrior Goal Pant Sizing
  • 5 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 3:13 AM, estogoalie said:

Can someone educate me on Warrior goal pant sizing? I'm about 5'11 and wear jeans with a 32" waist. I've always bought Medium goal pants, regardless the manufacturer. I just bought some Warrior Ritual X pants in Medium, but they are looking a little small to me, especially in terms of the front blocking surface compared to my current/old TPS pants. I was also trying on some CCM pants (Premier and Eflex) in the store last week, and the Medium looked kinda small to me with those as well. The Large looked more appropriate for me. As far as actual fit goes, both were fine, because with the internal belt, you can get a good fit with any size (GoalieMonkey shows all pants S-to-XL to fit 30-38" waist). So then what is the real difference with the size? The length of the pant, or overall blocking surface? Don't get me wrong, I was never a Garth Snow oversized type guy, even in the 90's/00's when it was the fashion. I like equipment to fit properly, and prefer mobility over extra size. But the Warrior (and CCM) just look kinda small to me, and I'm very confused because I've been wearing Medium for like 30 years…

warrior pants.JPG

warrior pants2.JPG

what’s the inseam length on those medium pants? I’m trying to decide if I need a small or medium. 

Thanks!

Archived