CCM Axis - 2020 Premier Replacement

cwarnar

The gradient shows maybe the versatility of the color zones but clearly on the white pads next to it the sections are full color blocks. I do think they look like street hockey pads at first glance but I think that's the colors on this specific pad giving that perception.

Tech wise, I'm sure this will make CCM "catch up" more to everyone else on the market no doubt, especially Bauer, but I'm not digging these graphics at all. I'm sure with different colourways some sets will pull it off, but not feelin' it personally. 

Though it's only CCM's first instalment of the AXIS line, so I'm sure they will improve with every new release and these growing pains are to be expected. I'm hoping the durability doesn't suffer and CCM was known for that in previous lines. It will be interesting to see how these perform on the ice. 

Edited by creasecollector

8 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Reminds me of a cross between Mission Slyde and the CCM YouthFlex2.

I wonder if CCM will be upset about this leak. 😂

The team at CCM is working very hard to properly launch this product in a manner that they believe it will be the most successful and educational to all of us Goalies! 

Unfortunately,  when people leak information like this that is not meant to be public, it makes their lives extremely difficult

12 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I saw those black/gold pads up close. It truly is a newer modern version of the Premier. They did trim a tonne off the pad to drop weight and have a thinner profile. And some of those color zones are printed so they are also going that direction. At first glance it does look atrocious but I'm positive that opinion will change.

IMO, I honestly don’t feel it’s a Premier update, it’s truly a new line that appeals to the same goalies. 

Once more details are public, I look forward to revisiting this comment 

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

The team at CCM is working very hard to properly launch this product in a manner that they believe it will be the most successful and educational to all of us Goalies! 

Unfortunately,  when people leak information like this that is not meant to be public, it makes their lives extremely difficult

You almost need to have security collect phones at the entry points. Of course there are cameras the size of a 1” cube with great resolution...

I can't get the photos now, but there's about 4-5 more images in a thread on the Goalieverse group on FB. Stock catalog imagery showing front/back/sides of the pads and gloves. Pretty interesting design. Also, it was mentioned in the thread that CCM has a new mask line coming for this launch, also called Axis. I'll add in photos later today when able.

11 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

They look much better in those pics.   Good idea on CCM's part to give you the go ahead to post them up.  Thanks for doing so.  Any details on any changes to the catch glove you can share?

I don't think I can share much on that.. Some bread crumbs to try and help?

I would say the glove is the most conservative update in the line. Definitely follows the adage of "if it aint broke, dont fix it", but it does have some tweaks around functionality and protection. It would be the equivalent of the previous glove getting a D3O update.

In generally, I think gloves are the piece of gear that has collectively evolved the least over the 10 years?

9 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

So M*nst*r just straight up didn't patent anything eh?

Hard to patent anything when you don't official exist.

It's interesting to see all the large players all of a sudden start releasing these images at the same time right after the "leak". I'm going to assume CCM gave the go ahead for some pictures to be sent out.

So far doesn't look like anything revolutionary or special. I'll wait to see more, but consider me whelmed.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Hard to patent anything when you don't official exist.

It's interesting to see all the large players all of a sudden start releasing these images at the same time right after the "leak". I'm going to assume CCM gave the go ahead for some pictures to be sent out.

So far doesn't look like anything revolutionary or special. I'll wait to see more, but consider me whelmed.

Are people's opinions changing on the graphics after seeing more colorways?

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

huh?

I'm not entirely sure how patent law works, but I feel like if you build a business specifically on a certain accessory, you would have some kind of patents to the specific design to prevent it being just straight up adopted by everyone.  At least a ProLaces design, or the Nash, Vaughn etc. ones look like they had to change something.  Just an interesting observation for me, not really a comment on the pads themselves.

The different colourways definitely make the graphic a little less shocking, so I'm sure it will normalize the more we see it.  I'm curious about that hex/weave/embossed material though.  Wassup with that?

52 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

I'm not entirely sure how patent law works, but I feel like if you build a business specifically on a certain accessory, you would have some kind of patents to the specific design to prevent it being just straight up adopted by everyone.  At least a ProLaces design, or the Nash, Vaughn etc. ones look like they had to change something.  Just an interesting observation for me, not really a comment on the pads themselves.

The different colourways definitely make the graphic a little less shocking, so I'm sure it will normalize the more we see it.  I'm curious about that hex/weave/embossed material though.  Wassup with that?

Oh you're saying the toe ties are Monster copies, got it. These are the same toe ties from EF4