BadAngle41

True Design - 2X Pro Set DELIVERED

12 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Love this. I had an all white Matte CCM with my Brian's brown set. I took the lazy approach to trying to get this look.

Also, we have a knife man too!

I don't remember seeing yours, is there a post/thread on that?

On 10/24/2019 at 9:58 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Love this. I had an all white Matte CCM with my Brian's brown set. I took the lazy approach to trying to get this look.

Also, we have a knife man too!

Thanks @TheGoalNet

8 hours ago, Hockey3081 said:

@BadAngle41 didn’t you just sell the correct set on Sideline? What happened there?

Sure did. Really what it came down to was the glove's break angle. I thought I'd get used to it but just couldn't. My plan was to sell the 2X gloves and pick up a 2S (or UltraSonic) glove with the same true design... but I quickly realized that selling the glove alone wasn't going to work that well as no one else had a matching set. So I just sold the whole thing. 

Figured it was the summer... I still have my EFs I could use while I got another set on order. Question will now be what to get next? With Bauer's Pro Custom options I could easily get the same set I had with 2X and all of the UltraSonic upgrades... OR go with CCM's Axis line (although graphics aren't my up of tea the strapping and performance both look to be great)... OR with Lefebvre. Love the look of L87s although I wish they could just skin a set of L20s with L87... TBD.

I found that I really did like the combination of big rebounds with a soft boot break... something I had been in search of for a number of years... ironically it is what every manufacturer is moving towards if they haven't made it already. 2X Blocker and Leg Pads were super easy to get dialed in and performed fantastic. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    C-ton dad
    Newest Member
    C-ton dad

• By BadAngle41
      2020 - My Bauer Custom Goal Gear Catalog (UltraSonic & 2X) 1.0.0
      Leg Pads ....................................... pg 4-6
      Catch Glove .................................. pg 7
      Blocker .......................................... pg 8
      Goalie Sticks ................................. pg 10-12
      Skates ........................................... pg 14-15
      Chest & Arm ................................. pg 17-19
      Digi-Print ...................................... pg 21-23
      Supreme Sketch Sheet ............... pg 24
      Vapor Sketch Sheet .................... pg 25
    • By BCZ
      I'm looking to make the leap into custom gear. I'm currently in SLR 1s (32+2) with VE8 mitts (used to have VE8 pads as well, but really disliked them). Looking for input on moving into a new company; I've been looking at Bauer or Brians - particularly because custom options allow for a smaller palm on the mitts. I've read that while Vapor is more of a hybrid pad - it still kicks out some big rebounds (also - I wear a 2x pro c/a, and figure the same ecosystem ensures a better fit). I've tried the strapping on the Vapors and find it very comfortable. I've also heard a lot of good things about the O2 mitts and the max core. Seeking additional input before I throw down $3k on pads. Thanks in advance for all your help. 
    • By Abraham Simpson
      Does anyone know if Bauer is planning on updating/tweaking its 960xpm mask in the next 12 months? I need to invest in a new bucket before next season, and was wondering whether a new model might be in the offering (in which case I could get the 960xpm at a discount).