Optik 2

cwarnar

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

One underated way to make a stock graphic really pop.  Love the use of Jenpro, Weave and Matte on this set.  Matte grey looks sick...

If the air mesh vents were removed off the face of the pad, this would have to be my all-time favourite graphic

50 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

How so... I debating Optik 2 or IV.  I'm planning a visit to see @TGC-Rance and figure out which route is better for me

For me, they just played too boxy. Of course, this is exactly what they're designed for and they play that style extremely well. Growing up in Vaughn, I definitely want my pads to move with me more, and thats what Gnetik does. 

Also, I found there's still a strong case for a traditional outer roll. Noticed quite a few pucks skipping or almost skipping over because of it. Maybe just my technique, but with the traditional outer rolls, it never happens to me. 

33 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

For me, they just played too boxy. Of course, this is exactly what they're designed for and they play that style extremely well. Growing up in Vaughn, I definitely want my pads to move with me more, and thats what Gnetik does. 

Also, I found there's still a strong case for a traditional outer roll. Noticed quite a few pucks skipping or almost skipping over because of it. Maybe just my technique, but with the traditional outer rolls, it never happens to me. 

Good to know.  I'm in GT Pros right now and may look for a stiffer pad (GT2 with a solid outer roll and hypercomp may work) but the Optik 2 and G5 are on my radar

4 hours ago, cwarnar said:

One underated way to make a stock graphic really pop.  Love the use of Jenpro, Weave and Matte on this set.  Matte grey looks sick...

Not sure why, but this graphic makes me think of The Transformers.   I forsee many sets of O2's in red, white and blue on the horizon.

56 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Not sure why, but this graphic makes me think of The Transformers.   I forsee many sets of O2's in red, white and blue on the horizon.

The O2 graphic also reminds me of Lundqvist's custom graphic from a couple seasons ago, also a True Design option.  Not making an Attack of the Clones claim here, you can pick any 3-4 year window and see graphics from different companies that have a similar feel, this was just bugging me until I realized what it reminded me of.

O2 vs Lundqvist.PNG

47 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

The O2 graphic also reminds me of Lundqvist's custom graphic from a couple seasons ago, also a True Design option.  Not making an Attack of the Clones claim here, you can pick any 3-4 year window and see graphics from different companies that have a similar feel, this was just bugging me until I realized what it reminded me of.

O2 vs Lundqvist.PNG

Also, I thought of the graphic from McKenney's XPG1 line that came out earlier this year. Very similar as well:

XPG1.png

Archived