Optik 2

cwarnar

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

got My stock optik2 set on the ice yesterday and everything felt great! I’m using the optional rotation strap on the leg pads and it works well. Glove is huge and closes well right out of the box. Blocker isn’t just a blocker it’s way better that previous. It does have a snug fit so I went with xl palm on my custom one. 

1 hour ago, Wrbsti15 said:

got My stock optik2 set on the ice yesterday and everything felt great! I’m using the optional rotation strap on the leg pads and it works well. Glove is huge and closes well right out of the box. Blocker isn’t just a blocker it’s way better that previous. It does have a snug fit so I went with xl palm on my custom one. 

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiictuuuuuuuurrrrresssssssssss

8 minutes ago, Max27 said:

Honestly they don’t seem stiff at all 

382F8FE4-7AF8-4D5D-9F6D-5456944A88DF.png

They're quite stiff, but like any non 2S Pro "stiff" pad, it will still flex if you put your force on it. Not really something that would naturally happen during a game, however. 

2S seems to really be the only "2x4" pad really left out there. With new movements like RVH and smaller equipments making goalies more mobile, it makes sense to have some flex in the pad. Drop and block isn't that common anymore. 

2 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

They're quite stiff, but like any non 2S Pro "stiff" pad, it will still flex if you put your force on it. Not really something that would naturally happen during a game, however. 

2S seems to really be the only "2x4" pad really left out there. With new movements like RVH and smaller equipments making goalies more mobile, it makes sense to have some flex in the pad. Drop and block isn't that common anymore. 

Agreed, 2S Pro is in a class of its own for stiffness. Max is more rigid than FLY, but it’s not a brick. 

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

They're more torsionally stiff.  Plus watch other videos and see how well they spring back to form/hold shape 

Yes, but I can say if people are expecting the overall thigh rise stiffness of Bauer, this is not it. 

thats not bad, I just have a feeling a lot of people though that 

Here’s 2X vs 2S for reference. 

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Agreed, 2S Pro is in a class of its own for stiffness. Max is more rigid than FLY, but it’s not a brick. 

How would you say a 2S Pro or Optik 2 would compare to something older like the original Premier Pro? The Premier Pro feels like a 2x4 to me. 

2 hours ago, Mroy31 said:

If the Premier Pro is a 2x4, the 2S Pro is a steel I beam

Comparing to the 2x v 2s comparison up there I'd say between the two, but the boot (on mine at least) is far stiffer than those... 

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I honestly can’t remember much before P2 😂

Id guess it’s between 2S and Optik 

So privileged! I'll go cry into my brick pads. 😂

IMG_3142.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

As a stand alone item? I’m confused. This is an available option now on any Brian’s pad 

without Brian’s mounting pieces, there is no way to attach this to another pad 

I read somewhere that it will be available as an accessory that can be purchased and installed.

Archived