Knee Sleeves for Additional Cushion

Wrbsti15

7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

If you want comfort, get the McDavid hex knee sleeves and wear them under your knee pads. Problem solved! 

I almost got the McDavid ones but found a pair of Bauer g form locally to try. I’m told by Dennis at factory mad that the g form isn’t a soft foam and they won’t help. I’ve worn them twice under my compression pants with the stock brians knee pads over the compression pants with a Vaughn garter and felt ok. McDavid would’ve been a lot cheaper too. The Bauer’s were $75. Only thing is I wanted wanted something for padding on the front and side of my knee. 

pic below had the knee pads reverse, the side padding goes on inside of knee 

0F124F99-30CE-43FF-8EB7-674CF32D919B.jpeg

On 10/21/2019 at 9:28 PM, TheGoalNet said:

If you want comfort, get the McDavid hex knee sleeves and wear them under your knee pads. Problem solved! 

I can attest to this, fantastic idea and my knees are much happier in RVH and dropping into the butterfly in general.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:55 PM, Wrbsti15 said:

Anyone use the Bauer sleeves? Or have used the Bauer and the McDavid to compare? 

9ADE5F86-EF13-49E4-AE26-68041B37A744.jpeg

2 hours ago, benner33 said:

I’ve used them. I wear them under my knee pads to give a bit more knee cushion. Haven’t used the other ones though. 

I use them too.. and a pair of Supreme Max knee guards over them. The combination works really well. Although I did find i had to wear them under my compression pants. Wearing them over pants they slid down. Would love to either just take them off the sleeve and sew the G Form onto my pants or incorporate them directly into the knee guards... but for now it's working.

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

I use them too.. and a pair of Supreme Max knee guards over them. The combination works really well. Although I did find i had to wear them under my compression pants. Wearing them over pants they slid down. Would love to either just take them off the sleeve and sew the G Form onto my pants or incorporate them directly into the knee guards... but for now it's working.

Nice I wear mine under my compression pants too. I just ordered a pair of the McDavid knee sleeves to try too 

I have the Bauer knee sleeves that I was wearing under my Warrior knee pads, but one slipped down during a game and i tried to pull it up and tore it right where the foam is sown in. They are awesome knee pads, you just have to be extremely careful as they aren't the toughest material, especial at the point where the foam meets the compression material. I wish Bauer would give up their rights to that foam because its amazing.

8 hours ago, kyledjean said:

I have the Bauer knee sleeves that I was wearing under my Warrior knee pads, but one slipped down during a game and i tried to pull it up and tore it right where the foam is sown in. They are awesome knee pads, you just have to be extremely careful as they aren't the toughest material, especial at the point where the foam meets the compression material. I wish Bauer would give up their rights to that foam because its amazing.

Why does it matter who makes them? Wouldn’t you be just as satisfied if Bauer came out with a better pair?

13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Why does it matter who makes them? Wouldn’t you be just as satisfied if Bauer came out with a better pair?

A) I would love it if Bauer continued to make them, but unfortunately they discontinued them. So super hard to find pairs in the states, and the $70 is pretty ridiculous. 

B) Competition drives innovation, I think if more companies were allowed access to that type of foam we would see significantly better products that last longer.

The problem is Bauer is the only one allowed to use that material in hockey gear and they quit making them. I would honestly love to see a compression pant utilize the way we hold cups in place through a pocket, and translate that into knee pads that can be taken in and out of the pant but are secure so there is no slippage, and can be removed for washing. Then you can have a different line of foams, hard-soft that can be slipped in.

1 minute ago, Mroy31 said:

Thats pretty awesome actually, now if they made a couple different foams to choose from,  added some garter straps to it and added cut resistant calf/ankles, it would be perfect for the modern goalie. Ability to customize foams, have an area to attach socks, and attach protective knee pads.

Archived