Knee Sleeves for Additional Cushion

Wrbsti15

1 hour ago, kyledjean said:

Thats pretty awesome actually, now if they made a couple different foams to choose from,  added some garter straps to it and added cut resistant calf/ankles, it would be perfect for the modern goalie. Ability to customize foams, have an area to attach socks, and attach protective knee pads.

Yeah, although not what they intended, but it could be a candidate for a good base for someone who wants to add their own stuff to it.  Take that Bauer foam and fashion it into a shape that fits the knee pad pocket etc.  

I saw a goalie on IG that took the Bauer knee pad foam and repurposed it for her sports bra.  It would be a little pricey to go searching for base layers online just to harvest foams from, but no reason not to cannibalize stuff you've got if the overall form factor doesn't suit you.  I've thought of taking some stuff to a seamstress/costume maker to add stuff like that, since I'm not as confident with sewing on spandex fabric.

3 hours ago, kyledjean said:

Thats pretty awesome actually, now if they made a couple different foams to choose from,  added some garter straps to it and added cut resistant calf/ankles, it would be perfect for the modern goalie. Ability to customize foams, have an area to attach socks, and attach protective knee pads.

There’s a G Form Too

https://g-form.com/knee-pads-mountain-bike-skateboard

I think there’s tons of choices and I think the resurgence of the old Bauer elite could spawn another new product 

• 2 weeks later...

Weird story for you guys on these. I use a set of Mizuno volleyball kneepads under my knee guards (Warrior x2 pro+), and lately they've been bunching up behind the knee. At a shinny yesterday morning, they got so out of place that I think it may have cut off some circulation to my foot, which went numb. If you've ever tried walking with a numb foot, try skating with one. Thought I had lost an edge until I repositioned it (after taking off pad + skate) and felt it all of a sudden return to normal. 

Either way - going to check out these various sleeve options instead. Something tells me the bigger sleeve shape would fit/operate better. 

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Gonna dig this one up from the grave, but thought you should know that you can contact Rogers, the company that makes Poron, and request sample sheets (usually one). Tell them you're using it for something that they don't already license to another company for something similar, and you're golden. I've done this a couple times.

Archived