Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cuprajake

G4 glove sizing

Recommended Posts

Hey guys 

I have a snr g4 glove but small hands and find the glove kinda big and hard to close esp when wet, so i got to thinking kf an intermediate glove. 

Question is. Is the whole glove smaller or just the internals? 

Im in the uk so cant try them on in store

Jake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole glove is smaller, not sure on dimensions though. To start you could order an intermediate liner and see if that helps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that’s what I thought of first too. Cheeper than a whole new glove. I have a GT2 which doesn’t have a removable liner so can’t speak to how it would feel / effect closure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, benner33 said:

Yeah that’s what I thought of first too. Cheeper than a whole new glove. I have a GT2 which doesn’t have a removable liner so can’t speak to how it would feel / effect closure. 

I also have a GT2 and the thing feels huge to me. Do you have trouble closing it? Has anyone ever tried playing without the thumb loop? If I put my hand in the glove without my thumb going into the thumb loop I can close the glove so much easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find if I don’t ratchet down the the inner strap over my fingers and keep the outer strap with elastic (that goes from the top piece to the right side) half to the end it closes easier for me. I’ll post pictures when I get home. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, benner33 said:

I find if I don’t ratchet down the the inner strap over my fingers and keep the outer strap with elastic (that goes from the top piece to the right side) half to the end it closes easier for me. I’ll post pictures when I get home. 

Thanks, I'd appreciate the picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got distracted when I came home from work. Got a live action shot that kinda shows it. Will set a reminder for myself today to get better ones. 

The key is the elastic Velcro strap (boxed in red) isn’t all the way and has some slack before it will stretch when closing. That seems the be the most important part that I’ve found (plus break in with a hot shower steam a few times). 

873040CF-BAB4-4513-A748-88539D84658A.jpeg

Edited by benner33
Don’t know left from right :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, breaklouis35 said:

I also have a GT2 and the thing feels huge to me. Do you have trouble closing it? Has anyone ever tried playing without the thumb loop? If I put my hand in the glove without my thumb going into the thumb loop I can close the glove so much easier.

Yea  the thumb loop the GT2 isn't great for smaller hands. I had to do a lot of adjusting to get it to be OK. The GT1 was a lot better.

I would try to make the loop work. Did a game without using the loop and the added strain on my thumb from harder shots made it awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the loop but I have larger (I guess) hands. A large senior baseball underglove is a tight fit for me. I just found the elastic and not cranking down things so much worked best for me. It took a bit to break in for sure but after that the comments above help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s how I have mine setup. Also note that I took out the practice palm as well (while breaking in). 

5D587B0A-D650-478D-AC71-B050D55E90F0.jpeg

C4C254A7-4C5A-46EA-8CB9-4AED84417B4C.jpeg

9671C95E-C599-49BF-88FF-80DCB5004F47.jpeg

D538AA77-EFC7-4D43-85BB-A2585DB2F48C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive had to stick the g4 for now, the glove is broken in well and i like it, but when wet and a bit slippy its harder to close, 

I also have the elastic loose.

I find really cranking down all the hand velcro fatigues my hand to the point its sore next day. 

Im still waiting on any word from warrior as for intermediate glove size 

If i even just knew the overall size that would be a start 

Heres the gloves side by side fwiw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 2:49 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea  the thumb loop the GT2 isn't great for smaller hands. I had to do a lot of adjusting to get it to be OK. The GT1 was a lot better.

I would try to make the loop work. Did a game without using the loop and the added strain on my thumb from harder shots made it awful.

Yeah, my thumb loop feels close to end of my thumb instead of the middle of my thumb. I guess I'll have to mess with it. This is my first new glove in over 15 years and I'm 6 games into the season and it still feels off to me. Keep saving pucks in the palm and below (cuff, I'm guessing is the right term), instead of catching them in the webbing. It's driving me nuts.

On 11/15/2019 at 5:47 PM, benner33 said:

Here’s how I have mine setup. Also note that I took out the practice palm as well (while breaking in). 

5D587B0A-D650-478D-AC71-B050D55E90F0.jpeg

C4C254A7-4C5A-46EA-8CB9-4AED84417B4C.jpeg

9671C95E-C599-49BF-88FF-80DCB5004F47.jpeg

D538AA77-EFC7-4D43-85BB-A2585DB2F48C.jpeg

Thanks for providing these. I didn't realize I could have that elastic strap so loose. Wish I would've seen it before my game last night, oh well. I am not sure if my glove came with the practice palm that you mentioned. I have the senior version of the glove. Thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...