Warrior G5

cwarnar

6 minutes ago, Telfo said:

I have a feeling the angled knee block and external break are mainly there to show off those being custom options now.  would be surprised if stock sets had that external break.

Warrior has used their stock offerings as their promo images since I started following them closely. So GT1.

So far the GT1, G4, and GT2 promo images have been exactly what their stock offerings are. I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

now the question is are the G5s worth getting or do you save money and get the G4s when everyone tries to unload them on sale. I wonder if warrior addressed some of the durability issues in the knee stack, etc..

Side note: I'm currently in 34+2 right now how is the sizing with warrior?

Well, that's a question for every new release. So only you can decide whether the changes are worth it or not.

The pictures look to have fixed the binding issue on the knee stack. Even the GT2, which still had a binding, was mostly fixed compared to the G4.

Would really depend on what pad you're currently in, but here's their sizing chart:

warrior-g3-leg-pad-sizing-chart.jpg.910b4dc5186dd1395ce580f0d3b77ab0.jpg

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Well, that's a question for every new release. So only you can decide whether the changes are worth it or not.

The pictures look to have fixed the binding issue on the knee stack. Even the GT2, which still had a binding, was mostly fixed compared to the G4.

Would really depend on what pad you're currently in, but here's their sizing chart:

warrior-g3-leg-pad-sizing-chart.jpg.910b4dc5186dd1395ce580f0d3b77ab0.jpg

Thank you for the chart, I'm currently sitting in Simmons 999s (34 +2) and before that I had reebok 9k's that were 34+1 but were a little too big for me. I was landing bottom of the knee stack.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Also, graphic looks to not have a lot of variance to it. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of samey looking sets.

Kind of like the GT2.

From what I've seen the whole cutting the pad face in half on the GT2 will be alive and well on the G5

35 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Ahh, okay! I wondered if it was just an effect also.

The burning question: What's it gonna take for @TheGoalNet to finally demo some Warrior gear?  If GGN got G4's, it's only fair..... #TGNSpecG5 😁

TGN seems really adverse of any product that's been influenced by Pete Smith. (Vaughn/Warrior)

Clearly we can only conclude that TGN hates Pete Smith

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Thank you for the chart, I'm currently sitting in Simmons 999s (34 +2) and before that I had reebok 9k's that were 34+1 but were a little too big for me. I was landing bottom of the knee stack.

I obviously don’t know your measurements but I went from 34–2 996’s and fit on the 33-1.5 G4’s dead on. I do wish however I was in a 33-2 rather than the 1.5, I feel like I’m losing a little bit of coverage but gained a tonne of mobility.

Alright things I’ve noticed with the brightened picture:

- one piece blocker sidewall

- almost looks like a new material on the pad in the bottom left picture. Could be the lighting though.

overall huge aesthetic improvement for warrior with the exception of the graphic. The pad itself looks sleeker and more refined than the g4 did. Personally I think the g5 makes the g4 look like a garage built project

19 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

9A74835A-787F-4008-8009-E832A2007769.jpeg.b8d4898782899db7db69739f1fb6b0ff.jpeg
Brightened it again. Looks like either weave or something new on the boot

They look thinner. calf outside wall seems smaller. Knee wall has more gliding surface. Outside roll seems smaller.

Wish they'd show the channel in pics. If the trapper was a set break like the GT, I'd probably consider looking into the G5s.

Graphics seem simple which I don't mind. The trend in the pros has always been more base colour than a mixed bowl of whatever. Makes it clean. Can't wait to play with the customizer.

image.png.fce885ec726e3f2441a441d0955a65fc.png

Top left - the outer roll thins out towards the top of the pad, instead of staying square/constant height from the pad face.

Glove break - I found that this piece basically runs on top of the break and changes the closure from \/ to |_| because your hand has to close around that rod of foam.I wish they'd remove it and go back to how the break was on the G3 glove.

I'm interested to see the new features of each piece. The finger protection on the Warrior blockers is, in my opinion, the best out there - unfortunately the plastic in my G3 blocker board cracked in half in under a year of use. I hear that they've since started to use the hypercomp material in the blocker face, which maybe is more durable?

• Like 1