Warrior G5

cwarnar

Just the snr stuff as i only play inline

Ive ended up with int pads 32+1

Reason being

When i last had g4 they were 33+1.5 and way too big in the thigh rise, 

Secondly theres no 32+1.5 stock where i live, 

Im also in a gt 32+1.5 so think i can lose .05"

Ive gone snr gloves though, and will prob add a int liner, as ive been told that the gloves are 2" smaller overall, so i stuck with snr 

Edited by cuprajake

I just ordered the G5's a couple of weeks ago, if anyone has them yet can someone share a picture of the toe strapping system, i'm switching from CCM to warrior and I want to know whether I should get pro laces or if I can put pro laces on at all.

16 minutes ago, Nakka30 said:

I just ordered the G5's a couple of weeks ago, if anyone has them yet can someone share a picture of the toe strapping system, i'm switching from CCM to warrior and I want to know whether I should get pro laces or if I can put pro laces on at all.

Toe strapping system will be the same as the G3, GT1, G4, and GT2 lines. It's the same ARS straps that do quite well.

Attaching Pro Laces to them is fairly easy as I've done that to both my GT1 and GT2 sets. The ARS that come with the pads are great though, but they can feel snug in comparison. Prolaces does relive almost any tension you'd feel.

36 minutes ago, Nakka30 said:

IMG_5790.jpg

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Toe strapping system will be the same as the G3, GT1, G4, and GT2 lines. It's the same ARS straps that do quite well.

Attaching Pro Laces to them is fairly easy as I've done that to both my GT1 and GT2 sets. The ARS that come with the pads are great though, but they can feel snug in comparison. Prolaces does relive almost any tension you'd feel.

would you recommend screws or laces to attach?

20 minutes ago, Nakka30 said:

would you recommend screws or laces to attach?

Laces.

Did screws on my first set and it tore up the cowling on my skates. Mostly cosmetic though.

Laces will avoid that and hold in place just fine. I used a lighter to "melt" the knot together once to help secure it. No clue if i did anything of value by doing so, but the placebo was enough for me.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:59 AM, jfu91 said:

For those of you wondering, Warrior is still producing. I just received my set of G5's that I ordered about 6 weeks ago! Here are some pictures, next to my set of G4's that they will be replacing. The blocker board is flatter, the glove has an insert to tilt the hand a bit. The pads are extra-stiff in the thigh, and the same size as my set of G4's (36+2). I think I'll really like the beveled cut on the back corner of the landing stack. Not sure when I'll be able to take them out for a spin, but hope to do a review when possible. Meanwhile, if there's any area where folks want to see more pictures, I'd be happy to oblige.

IMG_7306.jpeg

IMG_7307.jpeg

IMG_7308.jpeg

IMG_7309.jpeg

IMG_7310.jpeg

IMG_7311.jpeg

@jfu91 can you tell me a few things about these new G5 pads.

1. The G4 pads look to be an inch smaller, is this due to the boot being softer as you used the pads?

2. What made you decided to go from brown as secondary with G4 to black as secondary with G5?

3. Did you go with with Medium Stiff ( stock) or X-Stiff for the thigh rise?

So today had a bit more time with the gear. 

Noticed this on the tee of the catcher its a hole, 

Not the best,  as its in a high wear area, ive emailed hockey monkey to see what they say, just my luck, i can accept the wrinkles on the air slide, although they werent present on my g4, wonder if qc is a bit lax 

20200606_160947.jpg

31 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

So today had a bit more time with the gear. 

Noticed this on the tee of the catcher its a hole, 

Not the best,  as its in a high wear area, ive emailed hockey monkey to see what they say, just my luck, i can accept the wrinkles on the air slide, although they werent present on my g4, wonder if qc is a bit lax 

20200606_160947.jpg

Contact GM and warrior and bring up both issues. If you haven’t used them and have the patients I would swap them out. The hole isn’t a big deal but the area like you said is a high wear area so why risk it. As for the leg pads that’s pretty crappy, swap them out for new ones. 

And last but not major the top of the pad corners not the same, 

Again right pad, 

Now i dont know if this is because its an intermediate pad or what but that coupled with the hole on the catcher. Im not that impressed after my initial happiness.

Am i being fussy 

@Kirk3190  just incase you can chime in 

Jake

20200606_193452.jpg

On 6/5/2020 at 12:08 PM, BMW11190 said:

@jfu91 can you tell me a few things about these new G5 pads.

1. The G4 pads look to be an inch smaller, is this due to the boot being softer as you used the pads?

2. What made you decided to go from brown as secondary with G4 to black as secondary with G5?

3. Did you go with with Medium Stiff ( stock) or X-Stiff for the thigh rise?

1. Yes. They are the exact same size, the G5 just hasn't had time to be settled into slightly.

2. Black is slightly easier to match up between the brands. I was contemplating matching the set with a Brians OPTIK2 glove. But now that they enlarged the catch pocket of the G5, I'll probably stick to the G5.

3. I went with the X-stiff thigh. It's a little bit stiffer. Not that the G4s were too soft for me, I just wanted a more straight curve above the knee to help with mobility

2 hours ago, cuprajake said:

And last but not major the top of the pad corners not the same, 

Again right pad, 

Now i dont know if this is because its an intermediate pad or what but that coupled with the hole on the catcher. Im not that impressed after my initial happiness.

Am i being fussy 

@Kirk3190  just incase you can chime in 

Jake

20200606_193452.jpg

I used to be like you and cared a lot about any imperfections. It just takes so much out of me to care that much anymore. There are some puckering and unevenness on my custom G5s but I only cared about it for 5 seconds. As long as it stops the puck well, and does not detract from the performance, I would not be worried about the cosmetic side of things. On that hole on the glove though, it might lead to faster wear - though I don't think the wear will be terribly heightened. 

I would say there's nothing wrong with you sending it back - it should be perfectly fine under the return policy right? I don't think these were custom ordered?

Anyone know where I can get the G5 pro removable palm for glove and blocker? Have pro pads but want to get an extra set the 90 and 60 degree palms as well...Im in USA. Goalie Monkey doesnt have them and I could not find any place online that I knew of. Thoughts?

15 hours ago, cuprajake said:

The more i look at these pads the more im thinking i mite send them back, what i though was good craftsmanship isnt looking that way. Pics to follow 

I am Warrior fan boy or at least I have used Warrior gear last two sets and I´ve been very happy. I am working at hockey shop, so I´ve seen lot of Warrior gear and I don´t remember any problem with craftsmanship, stitching etc and overall quality has been great (especially if you forget G4 landing area) and all products  have been very well made.

But when I took very quick look to our first batch of G5s , there was wrinkles and stitchings didn´t go straight and leather material they used felt cheap, overall the whole Int- pad felt cheap 😔. To be honest pads felt like 2005 Sr made in China X-pulses or so. I really hope that problems are in my head and pads work as those are designed to work like jfu91 said.