Warrior G5

cwarnar

9 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

I am Warrior fan boy or at least I have used Warrior gear last two sets and I´ve been very happy. I am working at hockey shop, so I´ve seen lot of Warrior gear and I don´t remember any problem with craftsmanship, stitching etc and overall quality has been great (especially if you forget G4 landing area) and all products  have been very well made.

But when I took very quick look to our first batch of G5s , there was wrinkles and stitchings didn´t go straight and leather material they used felt cheap, overall the whole Int- pad felt cheap 😔. To be honest pads felt like 2005 Sr made in China X-pulses or so. I really hope that problems are in my head and pads work as those are designed to work like jfu91 said. 

My early delivery G5 set had a couple of minor cosmetic issues, but in only a very few hours on the ice before COVID shut everything down I'd decided they were the best set of pads I'd ever owned.   I was very happy with pretty much every aspect of them and look forward to renewing my acquaintance with them Wednesday when I finally have more ice time. 

9 hours ago, cuprajake said:

Yeah ive been in warrior for a good while now and been happy, but when 2 out of 3 pieces are flawed its not the best. 

Im really unsure what to do now. Wether to even stay with warrior

Its up to you. If you don't think you can live with the issues you've stated, then there's nothing wrong with returning them and pursuing another set. 

And don't get tied to one brand. I know it's easy to do as brands/lines attract us initially and familiarity can keep us coming back, but each company does offer a great set of pads and changing it up is always a good thing. 

• Like 1

Im more worried about the hole on the tee than the wrinkles on the pad, 

Its a bit annoying though when the sell of the pad is the best sliding surface, and its full of wrinkles.

Its not a biggie for me as im inline and will add slide plates. Just more an annoyance 

Will see what hockey monkey say

11 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

My early delivery G5 set had a couple of minor cosmetic issues, but in only a very few hours on the ice before COVID shut everything down I'd decided they were the best set of pads I'd ever owned.   I was very happy with pretty much every aspect of them and look forward to renewing my acquaintance with them Wednesday when I finally have more ice time. 

I hope the problems are only in Int- sizes. 

I bet those wrinkles don´t help with better sliding or make it more durable. And I have no reason to be hard on Warrior, normally their products don´t look like that. 

so the email from hockey monkey is basically, 

not our fault

"Hi Jake
These protections were just delivered to us when we sent them on to you so they have never left their box except in case of packaging so probably these damages have been delivered when they were sent all over the earth 2 times. Of course, we feel it is boring, but we cannot control so much over the quality of Warrior's protection. but if you want to undo your purchase and send it back to us, we will of course help with that"

46 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

not our fault

"Hi Jake
These protections were just delivered to us when we sent them on to you so they have never left their box except in case of packaging so probably these damages have been delivered when they were sent all over the earth 2 times. Of course, we feel it is boring, but we cannot control so much over the quality of Warrior's protection. but if you want to undo your purchase and send it back to us, we will of course help with that"

Realistically since the pads are so new and they are from some warehouse GM probably never opened the box they came in from warrior. In the end it’s warriors QC that shipped them. If you would handle it money wise you could always order another set and send these backs so you would have less down time. 

yeah i understand that they prob dont open them, there was a hockey monkey hat in the box though haha

i have my old pads so not an isssue, 

i dont really want to be standing the return charges though as its a fault

Edited by cuprajake

6 hours ago, cuprajake said:

not our fault

"Hi Jake

What the hell? Did they run this through Google translate or something?

normally, i just speak louder and slower ;)

so im totally not sure what to do now, if you look at teh right pad seam its pulling

ive asked if they will cover cost of return and if they can look at a fresh set thats not faulty, still no reply

my option after this is to look at something like the new bauer 3s snr stuff or the blow out on the s29 gear if anyone has any input

58 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

my option after this is to look at something like the new bauer 3s snr stuff or the blow out on the s29 gear if anyone has any input

The 3s SNR stuff is probably one of the best snr level pads on the market--closest to a pro pad.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WONGER said:

I just got my set in today and I've done an overview video.  They're looking better than the G4's right off the bat, we'll see how they play. 

I’m jealous of you!! 

what’s your FTK and what size did you order? The pads look awesome, like the new color way you came up with. You still rocking your passau C&A and warrior pants? 

1 hour ago, WONGER said:

I just got my set in today and I've done an overview video.  They're looking better than the G4's right off the bat, we'll see how they play. 

Great video! This is making me even more excited to get mine now, would be interested to hear your thought on the toe strap and if you do change it having pro lace on your G4’s 

44 minutes ago, Clema35 said:

Great video! This is making me even more excited to get mine now, would be interested to hear your thought on the toe strap and if you do change it having pro lace on your G4’s 

It's honestly the only thing I'm a little worried about on these pads. I know they made some changes to make it easier on your knee but I like how loose pro laces can be. 

1 hour ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I’m jealous of you!! 

what’s your FTK and what size did you order? The pads look awesome, like the new color way you came up with. You still rocking your passau C&A and warrior pants? 

Hey thanks! I cant remember my exact FTK but I re-examined given I was landing really low on the stack on my G4's and found out my measurement fell dead center on the 35" sized pad.

I've been in some CCM pants for a bit but I might switch back to Warrior. I tried a V8 Pro Pack for a while but went back to the Passau. I actually have a custom Kenesky getting built now.    

chest.png

Edited by WONGER

19 minutes ago, WONGER said:

Hey thanks! I cant remember my exact FTK but I re-examined given I was landing really low on the stack on my G4's and found out my measurement fell dead center on the 35" sized pad.

I've been in some CCM pants for a bit but I might switch back to Warrior. I tried a V8 Pro Pack for a while but went back to the Passau. I actually have a custom Kenesky getting built now.    

chest.png

That’s going to look pretty slick with your gear. Some premiers pants? I got a passau on the way, got a great deal on it. How you like the Vaughn, I have been eyeing their chest and pants. 

I also want your knee pad set up, after watching your video on your garter belt set up I can’t find the Vaughn style. Going to rig one together. You find the belt holds up the  knee pads better than taping? 

13 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

That’s going to look pretty slick with your gear. Some premiers pants? I got a passau on the way, got a great deal on it. How you like the Vaughn, I have been eyeing their chest and pants. 

I also want your knee pad set up, after watching your video on your garter belt set up I can’t find the Vaughn style. Going to rig one together. You find the belt holds up the  knee pads better than taping? 

I cant remember which CCM pants I have, they do the trick but I might swap them out soon.  The Passau is great and I'll always keep it and happily recommend it. The Vaughn was nice and light and with the pro pack did a pretty solid job, I caught some weird shots straight on with it and I decided to go back to the Passau where I feel it was a great balance of everything. 

Before my knee setup was just taping the free knee guards you get with G4's to my underarmor pants.  I might switch back to the garter belt and the larger ones now that the pad wont get caught up as much. With the smaller Sr. level knee guards tape seems fine but with the larger Pro ones it'd give on occasion.  I dont wear socks either so that might be part of the problem.     

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I ordered TGN spec prolaces a few days ago thinking they’d work best for the G5 pads when I get them

I'm curious how they're going to install, could you post some photos when you've got them setup? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WONGER said:

I'm curious how they're going to install, could you post some photos when you've got them setup? 

I’m wondering that too, I ordered a set a while ago while waiting for my pads but I saw the toe area of the G5’s and don’t know where I’ll attach them. I know there are two small holes but I think the constant tugging there would eventually rip the area, since there isn’t to much material in between.