Warrior G5

cwarnar

15 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

I’m wondering that too, I ordered a set a while ago while waiting for my pads but I saw the toe area of the G5’s and don’t know where I’ll attach them. I know there are two small holes but I think the constant tugging there would eventually rip the area, since there isn’t to much material in between. 

I may try to install them on my set when they get in, but I really liked the original version of Warrior's elastic toe ties on my G2s. I even transferred them to the pads I had after those, and only when they finally broke after several years did I go with the ProLaces.

Edited by Teezle
spelling

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I ordered TGN spec prolaces a few days ago thinking they’d work best for the G5 pads when I get them

Yeah I’m thinking of doing the same, guessing you will use the two small holes near the elastic strap? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BMW11190 said:

Is it really 3.8lbs for the weight of the G5 pro leg pad and 4.6lbs for the weight of the senior G5 leg pad? Is that a typical difference seen between pro and step below pro from other vendors?

Here's my weight alone then holding one 35 +1.5 pad with everything that came with it still attached.

IMG_20200609_183243.jpg

IMG_20200609_183313.jpg

Middle.  

One recommendation based on recent experience:  Change the black pocket lacing to grey or literally anything other than black.  Dark lacing can make it harder to find the puck.  This may only occur rarely, but if you're going custom why not build for absolute max performance.  

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Middle.  

One recommendation based on recent experience:  Change the black pocket lacing to grey or literally anything other than black.  Dark lacing can make it harder to find the puck.  This may only occur rarely, but if you're going custom why not build for absolute max performance.  

Because max Aesthetics > Max Performance

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Because max Aesthetics > Max Performance

Exactly! Don’t you know that matching good looking gear is more important than actually play well? If you can’t actually play well at least look like you know what you are doing. 

Edited by Quadzilla32

6 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Middle.  

Haha yeah. I always go with white skate lace in the pocket. I was just playing around with the look and didn't think to change that back. It'd be ordered white. 

Got my set in today and I am extremely happy with them even with the extra wait. Looking forward to getting them on the ice this weekend, the glove is really snappy and just needs broken in to open it up and present bigger. My biggest worry is how to get my prolaces on them too. The thigh rise is definitely much thinner than on my SLR pads. 

8D39642E-F15D-4E86-AB62-5CD06B403F88.thumb.jpeg.ba0b920f7fd4e8cbe58c867d88cc6f94.jpeg

77BF9850-0527-4A4C-9537-CF1E091DABC0.thumb.jpeg.51914bca2eddd0502acdc5cc57d4cd09.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mikemc620 said:

Got my set in today and I am extremely happy with them even with the extra wait. Looking forward to getting them on the ice this weekend, the glove is really snappy and just needs broken in to open it up and present bigger. My biggest worry is how to get my prolaces on them too. The thigh rise is definitely much thinner than on my SLR pads. 

8D39642E-F15D-4E86-AB62-5CD06B403F88.thumb.jpeg.ba0b920f7fd4e8cbe58c867d88cc6f94.jpeg

77BF9850-0527-4A4C-9537-CF1E091DABC0.thumb.jpeg.51914bca2eddd0502acdc5cc57d4cd09.jpeg

What size did you go with? The set looks killer I like the pop of the logos off of the dark backing. 

when did you order yours again? 

14 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

What size did you go with? The set looks killer I like the pop of the logos off of the dark backing. 

when did you order yours again? 

Went with 36 +1.5. My SLRs were 36+2. Biggest thing I see with the leg pads is figuring out how I’m going to strap them up between the boot strap and the toe ties without there being a toe bridge. Just trying them on at home it felt like I needed to use the Lundy loop for the boot strap to put the pad in a good position for me. 

I think that I ordered on 3/23. So it took almost 12 weeks. I feel like I must have been one of the first ones done in the batch that they shipped out. 

8 minutes ago, mikemc620 said:

I have the original ones on my old pads and a set of the armor laces to put on my G5’s. 

The armor ones should work as long as they aren’t screw attached.

I ordered tgn spec prolaces for my tbd pads (either G5 or Ultrasonic) just so it works with anything and they’re adjustable.