Warrior G5

cwarnar

6 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I'm less interested in pictures of the (alleged) mask and more interested in knowing if it was an in-house design or if they collaborated with a known name like they did with Pete Smith on the pads.

You mean like someone who maybe isn't working with CCM as much as they were when they had both the Premier and EFlex lines??? 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

It literally shows the blade options to be Quick, Rask, Bishop, and Mrazek.

Yeah, but that's actually for the foam core sticks.   If you look closer there's only Mid and Twist (Quick/Bishop) for the M1 line.   CCM will be following suit this year also.  They'll only be offering Price and Crawford patterns.   To me this is really disappointing.  I heard one of the CCM guys on the Ingoal podcast talking about how playing the puck is becoming  a more important part of goaltending and implying that they'd be expanding the number of curves they offered in goalie sticks.  Seeing them instead follow Bauer's idea of shoehorning everyone into one or two patterns is a bummer, especially from a personal perspective as my size/pattern got axed.

Warrior.JPG

Axis.JPG

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ahh my mistake.  I stand corrected.  Good eye Peter and Puckstopper.

Trust me, I really wish you had the right of it!

Just now, ThatCarGuy said:

Damn. I just picked up a V1 Pro+ and now this exists?! Ugh

This looks like an answer to the EF4 stick from CCM.  If you liked the CR1 you'll like the V1 better.   It's a great twig!

Edited by Puckstopper

If they are highlighting the flex in the new M1 stick, the choice to not offer the Wedge curve is puzzling.  Seems many people like this curve, and this could send some back to CCM if they will be offering the Price.

Also looks like only square toe options on the M1, no rounded toe.  

12 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's a BaCuCeMr mask.

Heh heh heh...

It is pretty had to come up with an original mask design; after all, the first recent original mask design not based purely on past designs, the Onezie, has been panned almost universally (I am one of the few who actually likes it). I believe the Armadilla design is highly protected, so combinations are what we have left as far as the hope of an original design... Even my mask design is based loosely on something else and the resulting design could be controversial. I have actually halted mine because I have decided to try a Victory/Wall build. 

1 hour ago, Hockey37 said:

If they are highlighting the flex in the new M1 stick, the choice to not offer the Wedge curve is puzzling.  Seems many people like this curve, and this could send some back to CCM if they will be offering the Price.

Also looks like only square toe options on the M1, no rounded toe.  

I hope they change their minds and offer Mrazek as stock 😅

• 1 month later...

Untitled.png.6d54f8aaa10441f740e3e2944df28a66.png

Here's the first officially released look of the G5 from Warrior's Instagram page.

A couple things stand out as changes:
- Airslide has been redesigned, looks like less ridges overall and a better binding system.
- Possibly stock single T, GT2 was stock double T.
- External Knee break, G4 was only interntal,
- Glove looks to follow the GT2 with the more pronounced thumb angle (good thing)